Sunday, November 1, 2009

Game Night: Halloween Edition

What a fun, busy weekend!

On Saturday, Cary and I joined together with my parents to host our 2nd annual Halloween party. Last year was quite a crazy night, but this weekend was a little more tame, but still a great time.

For dinner, I created Mummy dogs (which are pretzel dogs--yum!), and mom made a side of baked sweet potato fries that were delicious! We need to get the recipe for that!

Our guests were: Bill and his dog Nina, Austin and Erica, and Kim and Ashton.







Mom was dressed as a gardener/farmer (I wish I had a good pic of her, but of course, she hid!),










Dad was Buzz, in a cliff diver outfit he had once for one of the safety skits.













Cary was Karate 'kid'









I had some angel wings and a halo.











Poor Chester of course had to get dressed up, at least for one photo!










Even Athena got into the act....for a moment we hoped wouldn't end in one of us getting attacked!



Little 2 yr old Ashton got introduced to the great world of trick or treating, and dressed as a cute pirate (of course I don't have a picture of this!!!!), he went door to door and said, "Trick or Treat...Aaarrrgghh!!" The kid made out like a bandit (or I guess a pirate...) with the candy!









There was a gourd decorating contest, which consisted of several different shapes and sizes of gourdes, all will personalities of their own, and we had visions and put them to use...it was fun! We decided to work in groups, and below is the outcome:




This is mom and Cary's creation, a giant alligator who sneeks up on a trick or treater, causing it to be startled and dropping its Halloween candy





Dad created a space ship...













And then he and Austin created a skeleton (a toy already bought) on top of a dragon who was wearing glow-in-the-dark bracelets, and had gum drops going down his back as scales...







Kim and Ashton created this little beauty. I think this is one of my favorites...










Erica, Bill and I worked together for ours. This is a little angry alien (I was inspired by dad's tiny UFO that this thing could in no way get into...but he claimed it for himself!)









This gourd reminded me of a duck-billed platypus from the moment I picked it up, so I decided to play around with it and make it one to everyone else!








This cute hummingbird was made by Erica. I think it's great!







Of course the Wii made an appearance, and it was funny to watch Cary and Austin beat each other up, and then also work together riding in a race. I was exhausted watching them!





S-P-O-O-N-S also made an appearance, with Erica, Bill, Cary and I playing. I think I was a little paranoid about jumping across the table with my belly, so I was quickly out. I ended up taking Erica's place because she and Austin were going to leave, and I did a little better that time, getting Bill his S-P-O...and then got knocked out...Bill ended up winning against Cary, and we only had 1 tragedy!






All in all, an excellent night. Chester was so exhausted from his playing that he acted like he wanted to be carried out to the car. He snuggled up to B-Pa for some extra attention, too!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...