Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Slow Month

As you can tell by the posts, or lack thereof, it has been a slow month so far in the McFadden world.

The most eventful thing so far is that Cary and I went to the Child Classes at the Hospital on Saturday, where we learned about labor, delivery, and then what to expect afterwards. There were 6 other couples present, one due Nov 30th, another due on Christmas Day, and then a last couple not due until February. And only 2 baby girls to be delivered.

We got to sponge bathe a doll, put on diapers, and swaddle. There was a very short segment on CPR, but it was a refresher course for me (one that I am grateful for!). It was a very good, informative class, complete with a tour to see what the delivery rooms look like, as well as the recovery/private rooms, where I will get to spend the majority of my time. Oh boy!

This week should prove to pick up excitement a little bit: I have a doctor's appointment today, where we will get a sonogram and see how much she weighs (hopefully still small!) and on Friday, Cary's job is having a baby shower for us.

This weekend, I get to see my friend, Beth, and her new baby boy, Noah. Then the following weekend is a birthday party for my sister-in-law, Faith. After that, Thanksgiving...and putting Christmas out...

And then the countdown begins. Oh my!

2 comments:

MommyTof3 said...

Hey-does your birthing suite have a hot tub-I had one for my first-lets just say I never left ....It was soooo nice.....LOLOLOL

Carymc said...

nope, no tub. if it did i could enjoy it while jenn was doing her business.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...