Friday, November 27, 2009

Giving Thanks

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We sure did!
What was originally going to be a Thanksgiving in Sulphur Springs with Cary's family turned into attending the Jarvis traditional feast, but because I was not able to travel (or, I might have been, but after going through the c-section 1 week ago, how well would I have handled the ride, or even little Brylee?). I did miss seeing Cary's family, but look forward to Christmas time to see them then!

When I got to my parents' house yesterday, I searched all around for my camera, but never seemed to find it. Fortunately, my mom's camera was readily available, so I took a few pictures here and there, including a great attempt at getting all of the cousins' children together. There are now 5 of them, almost as many as there are cousins! (there are 6 of us!) When mom gets time, I'll have her send them over!

Cary, Brylee, and I ending up leaving somewhat early (being 4:00 p.m.), and we missed seeing my aunt Amy and her family. I would have loved to have seen her, but Brylee had a rough night the previous night, so we were all eager to get some rest.

Of course, I want to take the opportunity to say what I'm thankful for:

I am beyond grateful for my family, from the Jarvis' to the McFaddens, immediate family and extended, for the things that they have helped with the last week, month, year, and my life altogether. Thank you to everyone who offers their help and advice with being a new mom and our children.
I am grateful for my friends, who have been there for me, for showing excitement in our new lives, as well as always being there in my old life. For just accepting me for who I am.

I am thankful for the best mutt there ever is, Chester. This poor dog has been through so much in the last couple of months, but continues to be the greatest dog ever. I wish he could understand how much he means to me, even though my time is focused elsewhere lately.

And of course, I am extremely grateful for my husband, who continues to warm my heart daily with his love, patience, strong leadership and great sense of humor. I am so blessed to have met him and to get to spend the rest of my life with him.
And last, but certainly not least, I am thankful for little Brylee, who for the last week has been such a joy in our lives. I look forward to so much as we watch her grow and develop into a great daughter!
Ok. So the doctor warned me that I will be emotional for the next couple of weeks--the holidays are a great time to do it!

1 comment:

MommyTof3 said...

Im glad you all had a Happy Thanksgiving:)

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...