Sunday, January 30, 2011

Apparently I'm More Outspoken When I'm Tired


Last night was a very off-night for us.

Brylee woke up at 1:30 crying, so Cary got up to soothe her. As soon as he put her in his arms, she was asleep. He put her back in her crib: wailing. Picked her up again: asleep. Down in her crib again: let the crying begin. So he held her for about 10 minutes until he knew she was really asleep and finally she went down without the tears.

Come 3:00 a.m., Chester puts his 2 front feet on the bed, an indication that he needs to go to the bathroom. So I crawled out of bed and took him outside, where he went #1. Back in and back into bed, only to have him jump on the bed again...and again...So I got up and walked him at the front of the apartments to go #2. I have a thing about taking him to the rear area of the apartment to go to the potty at night, as it is a little pond and lots of high grass, and not a lot of light. Perfect for coyotes (which we hear occasionally) or thieves of some sort.

Back to the story...which really wasn't that off-track. Back inside, laid down, only to be bothered again by him...to go outside...again. Yes. All of this within a 10 minute period. At 3 a.m.

So back outside we go, this time to the back. I know you probably think something exciting is going to happen here, like we spotted a coyote wandering the area, or a skunk or something, but thank goodness, nothing exciting. Just walking up and down along the pond several times. With no results. And Cary came outside to check on us, just to make sure nothing happened.

Back inside, with no results the 3rd visit outside, we lay down, hopeful to get back to sleep. Only to be disturbed by Chester, a fourth time...This time Cary takes him outside, where a few minutes later, comes in and announces that there was success (finally!). But he is awake so he decides to make a pb sandwich and I try to sleep again.

Until I heard a barking, nagging cough coming from the bedroom next to us. The nurse practitioner suggested that with the coughing fits, a change in the temperature can help ease them. So I got up with Brylee and took her outside to feel the cooler temps on her face. Only it wasn't cool enough. So to the freezer we went...to no avail. Ah ha! I remembered that she loves baths in a humid bathroom...so at 3:30 a.m., she was playing in the warm water with humidity surrounding her. She loved it...except for when I first turned on the shower head, which held cold water...and it hit her. I have never seen her crawl-run to the end of the tub so fast!

Post-humid bath, she showed signs of being super sleepy, but would not rest in our arms, or in her bed. So at 5:45, after trying dark and quiet, low tv, and rocking back and forth, I gave in and gave her 1/2 dose of Children's Ibuprofen...which I wasn't sure if it should be given since she was on steroids. I barely put the syringe in her mouth, squirted the contents, and rinsed out the syringe out when she had fallen asleep.

Success!!

I was comfortably back in bed at 6:00 a.m. after being awake for 4 hours, only to wake up again at 8 a.m.. No kidding.

The day went well for us after that. Cary, Brylee, Chester, and I went to his parents house for our typical Sunday lunch, where Brylee slept for most of the afternoon. We took advantage of the opportunity to 'sneak out' and go to the movies while Gary and Brenda watched the kids.

Here's where I realized I was more outspoken when I'm tired: At the concession stands, I managed to tell the employee that I was boycotting the extra cheese for the nachos because it costs a ridiculous $1.75. And we weren't even getting nachos!

And the commercials and previews left me with something to say...each one. Sonic showed the same commercial twice. Just Go With It, Red Riding Hood...everything had me talking.

And as the movie was starting, I sat there enjoying gummy stars, which I then stated, "My teeth are jumping on a gummy trampoline". A couple of minutes later, I bit my tongue...to which Cary asked me, "Did your teeth fall off the trampoline?"

This is a lot to write for not really having anything to say, but I contribute it all to being super-tired, and with a lack of anything better to say.

Harry Potter 7 is just as good as it was the first time I saw it...and I'm ready for the 2nd half!

1 comment:

carymc said...

"...I was boycotting the extra cheese for the nachos because it costs a ridiculous $1.75. And we weren't even getting nachos!"

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...