Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Eve 2010

First of all, Happy 2011 to everyone!!!

So far, it looks as though this new year will bring great changes to the McFadden family. First off, we have a tooth!!! Actually, I have 32 and Cary has 32 (I think...he still has 2 baby teeth). It's our little toddler that has her first tooth breaking through! I haven't had an opportunity to take a picture yet as she is stubborn and wants to keep the joy to herself. And she also hasn't really fussed about it breaking through, either. Just middle-of-the-night coughing. And a shiny white bump!!!

Oh!!! I can't wait to wait to see all of the teeth come in, though I will truly miss her gummy smile. ;o)

I never got to show the blogging world the gift I worked many hours on for the grandparents for Christmas:


I made it from Blurb, and it turned out wonderfully!!! The entire book is full of blog posts about Brylee's first year, laid out how we desired. Despite the long hours of taking it from 970 pages to just under 300, it was a great challenge and I loved every moment of it. And one of Cary's presents to me for Christmas? The gift of creating another one! Odd as it may sound, I am looking forward to investing more hours to make a new one!












Our New Year's Eve fun was another game night at my parents' house, where we joined Erica, Austin, Hunter, Bill, Ivan, and my parents for chips and dip, pizza, sweets, and new games! Added to the fun: Scribblish and Sort It Out. What fun games and I recommend them for a laugh or trivia-challenging time!

Dad even showed all of us a new type of fun: tying knots. He gave us a simple pattern to make, and now all I need to do is snatch some rope from dad and start creating!










I hope everyone had a safe and fun New Years, and I pray that 2011 brings you joys and adventures in your lives!

2 comments:

Mom said...

You should not have 32 teeth. You had all 4 wisdom teeth removed! You were in heaven you ate all the Jell-O pudding you wanted.

Jenn said...

From Ron Ford via Facebook:

Ah yes, the first one. Wait until she has a mouth full; they are sharp little buggers. Love your grandparent album idea. I must get to see it up close and personal.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...