Friday, January 28, 2011

Today Was A Hard Day...

First thing, Brylee woke up with a terrible cough, only to find out a few hours later via a doctor's visit that it is croup. Croup, a viral infection that lasts typically about 3 days, and the nurse practitioner gave us sample meds to help her get over it more quickly. I was relieved that it was not RSV, until I read in the information pamphlet given to us:

  • Close observation

    While your child is croupy, sleep in the same room with him. Croup can be a dangerous disease.

Great. Now I will either make a nice pallet on the floor, or not get much sleep tonight. Just what the over reactive mom needs to hear!

Then, on top of that, Brenda gave her notice at her job today. That was the green light for me to announce to the world that we are moving. 3 weeks until the big event, so it feels like a relief that we don't have to wait any longer and hide it from my friends and family.

But to say that I have mixed emotions about this move is like saying that a mountain is a pebble. I have wanted to be excited about this new adventure, but have cried many times about knowing that my weekly (or more) visits to my family are to come to a halt, that they will not watch Brylee first-hand with her next big change, and that Skype, as wonderful as technology is, will not substitute a hug. I feel so...guilty for taking their granddaughter away from them.

I have talked to my mom so much about this, and she always calms my fears, but with the time getting closer, I am feeling those pangs again. And I feel so weak. I mean, if this is the worst thing I have to face, then what does that say about me?

I'm having a hard time just trusting God. I know He never fails us, and I just want to let it all go to Him. Perhaps somehow He will pick up the city I call my hometown and move it up north with us.

Ugh. Writing this I feel so childish. People face worse all the time, and somehow make it a positive experience. And this move is an answer to my prayers. I mean, who wouldn't want to experience seasons? Cooler weather in the summer? Snow in the winter? Living in a small town with lakes, mountains, trees, and the ocean all within a few minutes drive?

Mom and dad are already talking about their visits, and some of the fun things we will do to make the distance more fun. Not to mention, it is a blessing to have Cary's parents there with us. I am trying to think of things to do to involve us in the community and help us meet people. I just need more optimism, and the ability to just go with the flow.

Did some extra emotional hormones stay in my body from my pregnancy with Brylee? I didn't feel this way before she came around...and since she has touched this earth everything has changed. Or at least in my overactive mind.

All I know is that I want to hold my family that much tighter right now, and give them every opportunity to be around Brylee that is there. And lots and lots of prayers!

My overly emotional self needs some sleep now.

4 comments:

Mom said...

This is what happens when you are close. All will be OK & we are looking forward to the new adventures ourselves. It was rough yesterday because it is now REAL. As we have said God has plans for all of us so let the great adventure begin!

WhitKnee said...

I love your honesty in your post! If you didn't have mixed emotions I'd be a little surprised...that doesn't make it any easier though.

One comment I really want to make is something I learned when I was dealing with the loss of Roxie...you don't have to rationalize your feelings. Yes, people are going through things worse than this, but this is a big deal to you and everyone that loves you. Its okay to be sad, happy, guilty, and everything inbetween. They are YOUR feelings, if YOU don't confront them now they will surface sooner or later...and it wont be pretty.

If I know your family like I think I do, they're probably already organizing a roadtrip geocaching extravaganze that leads straight to Maine. =)

I'm praying for yall!

Jenn said...

From Teresa Kenney via facebook:

So sorry. It's hard to have a little one sick :(
Praying for all of you
Teresa

Jenn said...

From Kim Guess via Facebook:

Hang in there!!! You will waiver between feeling excited and wondering what in the world you are doing!!! I just try as hard as I can to focus on the positive and not let myself go down the sad roads. Find a church QUICK....that will help a... ton!!!

Hope Brylee feels better. Don't worry too much about watching her sleep.....if they put her on steroids she won't sleep anyway!!!! :)

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...