Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dad's Special Birthday

What was so special about his big day, compared to other birthdays? I'm not sure, but it was a lot of fun to plan and execute!

2 weeks ago, Cary and I put together a cache that is 'All Things Pootwaddle'. It contains stickers of hockey, dogs, fire department, instruments, and of course, clowns! We hid it in some bushes just outside of dad's office where he can look out and see people come to scout it out.

When Cary sent in the request to publish the cache, he requested to have it published on January 17th during business hours. This is a unique request, because most caches are not published until the evening.

We got a response that it would be published at 10:00 on Monday morning. Yay! He'll be at work then!

On Friday, I went to the mall with my parents, where dad said that he was going to go to Desoto on Monday...eek! That would mess up our plans! I convinced him though that we wanted to take him to lunch, and that he needed to go to Desoto afterwards...Thanks, mom, for the help, too!

So, Monday morning came, and Cary, Brylee, and I 'were in the area' around 10:00, and stopped by to see dad at work. (heeheehee) At 10:00, the cache published...and dad's face was priceless as he read more and more and started to figure out what was happening.

5 minutes later, we went to the location where dad proceeded to hunt for the cache, find it, and look through the swag in the container. Brylee was so excited for her poppy, she managed to pee on me. Fun!

As we finished with the container and put it back for the next cachers to find, Cary and I decided to head to my parents house for a quick clean up and change. Just as we were leaving, more cachers pulled crookedly into the parking lot: the GeoSicks. A quick chat and we were off again!

Evening rolled around, and Cary, Brylee and I went to my parents again to have dinner and celebrate dad's birthday, including giving him his other gift, a beautiful hat that Cary and I first spotted at the State Fair. It is a really good looking hat, and seems to fit dad's tastes perfectly!

Happy birthday to the best dad ever!!!








**And yes, I do realize that I had an error in NOT bringing my camera inside for the caching surprise for dad. And once I manage to re-create it so I can get it in pictures, I will get them up here!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...