Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Am Blessed To Call Two Churches Home

I started Live Oak Church (known as Wichita Creek then) in 1995 and was an active member for several years, including being in the youth worship and babysitting nearly every child that stepped their feet into the building.

When Pastor Brad stepped down, it was never the same again, and I found myself a little later without a church home.

After a few years and searching for a new church home, my dear friend Clay invited me to Fellowship Church. While I never was fond of the idea of a church with it's web address on the side of the building, I decided to give it a try. That was 2004, and I have since become a member and got involved in a home team, where I have met my incredible husband.

I am not sure how it happened, but I found out that Pastor Brad had returned to Wichita Creek just before Cary and I got married, and he was the pastor at our wedding. It only made sense to have one of the most influential men in my life unite me with my husband, and even though we were members of Fellowship church, Cary and I (as well as my parents, their co-worker/friends, and other friends and family members) have attended occasionally.

Today, our last residential Sunday in Texas, we decided to go to Live Oak (formerly Wichita Creek). And of course the message was absolutely incredible. It was about love, very appropriate the day before Valentine's Day. It was about the ultimate love, and how we should love our neighbors, enemies, etc. And after the sermon, Brad had Cary and I come to the front where he announced our big move, and the members of the church prayed over us. It was the perfect way to close up the weekend of celebrations and goodbyes.

I know I have written posts about it before, but I have had the most incredible experiences with these two churches, and if anyone is ever looking for a place to call 'home', I can give the highest recommendations for both.

Thank you, Kenney family, as well as the Young family, for being lights on my path these last 16 years.

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...