Friday, February 4, 2011

The Ice Is Still Here...And There Are Several Inches Of Snow With It!



I find it funny because people are getting cabin fever...and while I can understand that, look how beautiful it is!!!!

Schools have now been closed for 4 days, and while yay for them, I also know that they will have to make up for it somehow. So...this is bittersweet I'm sure!

Chester has had cabin fever the last couple of days, and decides to get out and about to go potty...at 2 and 3 o'clock in the morning! Last night was much better, after running around in not one, but 2 backyards yesterday. He only woke us up at 5 a.m. for 2 potty breaks. Perhaps we'll get back on some sort of schedule after the snow melts!

And mom left a message on my Facebook this morning:

I think God keeps sending you a message that you do not have to go to Maine to get Snow!!!


And while I love the snow, the real reason I have always wanted out of Texas was because of the terrible heat. The one or two (or now 4) days of snow each year is exciting enough here because it closes down the world, and I know that in Maine, they will not do that, unless it is for an extreme reason. And I know that they get A LOT of snow, so it is inevitable that I will get tired of the snow. But a cooler summer and a gorgeous fall will make up for all of that.

But, yes, the winter is wonderful here, at least for 1 more day, or until I go crazy staying inside.

*I took some bread crumbles outside to give to the birdies and squirrels some food and slid on the snow-disguised ice and fell on my bum! Oh it was fun, but sure hope that no one witnessed!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...