Tuesday, March 22, 2011

16 Months!



It's been a while since I have had a monthly update on this little one, and since moving here, so much has changed. It's like she's just suddenly become a 'little person'...

Let's start with eating. We put her back on Prevacid, but other than about 4 days of not being able to eat too well, she is eating anything she can get her hands on, including pizza, pasta, toast, apples and oranges...Of course many of these things are very closely monitored due to the awareness that any of it could come right back up at anytime. But surprisingly, she is loving Beech's Steamers, which is toddler food in a tub. Things like lasagna, mac & cheese, chicken soup-like things. She'll eat an entire tub in one setting--a huge improvement over just a few months ago! But her favorite food right now are crackers!

Not sure how much she weighs now, but at her last doctor's visit, she weighed in over 18 pounds. Someday she'll hit the big 2-0! Though we might be shopping for college books by that time.

Speaking of books, she L-O-V-E-S to read. She'll find a book and come screeching to you "Booooook!" to jump into your lap for you to read. Once you are finished with that one, she'll find another...and another...we typically read the majority of her boooooks in one afternoon, sometimes many of them twice.

My uncles got her this awesome program, 'Your Baby Can Read', and again, she loves it. It goes through words, like 'clap', 'drum', 'tiger', 'dog', 'nose', 'chimpanzee', 'yes'...the list goes on for quite a bit. It also plays songs throughout the program. Currently her favorite song is Itsy Bitsy Spider, and these videos play it several times, which makes her very happy. But also because of this cool program, she can point out her head, bellybutton, hair, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, tongue, fingers, toes, feet, hands, etc.

And words. Oh my the vocabulary this kid has!

Apple
Ball
Baby
Chester (pronounced 'Ches-ser')
Bottle
Belly Button
Cracker (pronounced 'cacker')
Juice
Water
Kitty Cat
Neigh (the sound a horse makes)
Moo
La (thanks to Moo, Baa, La La La!)
Bear
Meow
Mouth
Book
Momma
Dadda
All done
Spoon
Bump
Balloon (pronounced 'boon')
Moon
Boo
Papa
Bird
Car
Hi
Wow
Bye
Hot
Burrrr
Cold
Circle

Did I miss any? I'm sure I did...but point being, she is learning so much every day! Yesterday I tried to teach her to say T-Ma, which is proving to be the hardest of the grandparents to say, due to her lack of saying a lot of 't' sounds. So in the grocery store, I kept saying "t-t-t-t", and she would mimic back. Then I would say "T-Ma"...and she would look at me and say "t-t-t-t-apple". It's a work in progress! And mom says it's because Brylee knows she is the apple of her T-Ma's eye!

She is currently wearing both 12 and 18 month clothing, as she is tall enough for the 18 month, but they are still swallowing her. But the 12 month are starting to look a little short, but fit otherwise great...I still think that baby clothing makers should label their clothing based on weight instead of age...but that's a whole other battle!

She seems to be adjusting to Maine pretty well. She loves to go out and eat the snow, and so we'll bundle her up (somehow mommy always forgets to bundle herself up) and go outside so Chester can chase the ball and Brylee can play in and eat the fresh snow. Yes, I keep an eye on the snow to make sure it is not nasty!

Skype has been a blessing this last month, and Brylee loves to hug and kiss her T-Ma and Poppy whenever we do a video chat--and then she'll run around and play while I chat with them. Mom will read a story to her and that does keep Brylee's full attention. Even though I am not a fan of talking on the phone much, I love that this gives us the ability to let Brylee see them.

I'm sure I am missing a ton of stuff to add to this post, but I'm also pretty sure that as I think of them, I can write about it. That's the great thing about having a blog... ;o)

Hope all is well in everyone else's world, and we miss you, but Brylee loves to look at pictures of you in her 'booooooooks!'!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

From Jeff Christenson via Facebook:

WOW! 16 months already! What a blessing!

Jenn said...

From Amy Corry via Facebook:

does she say pooter for computer yet?

Jenn said...

via Facebook:

Oh! I'll work on that one next!

Jenn said...

From Brad via Facebook:

ahhhh we will hv to video chat soon. I miss ya terribly.

Jenn said...

From Jacqueline Marchioni via Facebook:

I love that age! Sounds like you're enjoying every minute.

Jenn said...

From Faith via Facebook:

I agree with Brad. We need to video chat soon. Can't wait till May and we can see ya'll in person. Miss you!

Jenn said...

via Facebook:

‎@Brad and Faith--Absolutely!!!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...