Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New Month, New Life

Happy March everyone!!!

This last weekend was wonderful, sad, scary, and cold…all at the same time!

My parents flew in on Friday with our little one, and I was so happy to see them. Their flight was delayed 1 1/2 hours due to the airplane not being at the gate, then mechanical issues, and then making sure that the weight of the plane and its contents were accurate…

And then on top of that, what usually is a 2 1/2 hour drive from from Boston became 4 hours because our roads were icy and no plows had gone through yet. Poor Cary (the driver) was tired and nervous at the same time!

dx 077

dx 078

The rest of the weekend went well, unpacking boxes, celebrating Cary’s birthday, and getting to see the town for the first time. We even managed to go to another town and visit a Christmas store…the best one yet!

dy 017

And of course, there was time to hunt for a few geocaches as well. Chestmutt and Pootwaddle can now add Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine to their states of collected caches!

dy 025

Sunday was a very sad day, as not only did I have to say goodbye to my parents AGAIN, but they also had to say goodbye to Brylee. That was extremely difficult on me to see, but I also had a killer headache…possibly from all of the emotions I had been experiencing.

More pictures from the weekend:

dy 012


dy 004

dy 020dx2 002dx2 004dx2 012dx2 018dx2 019

Today is the strangest day of them all. Cary started work today, leaving me with the little one and the hairy one all day…a first since October. I miss him. I miss my parents. But at least I have some gorgeous scenery to check out…and maybe perhaps we will get out and explore Small Town a little today.

And now for a tour of the house. Please excuse the mess…I wasn’t expecting company.








Guest bedroom:

dz2 008

Brylee’s Room:

eb 002

Master bedroom:

dz2 009

Hallway with the rooms and stairs

dz2 014

Upstairs area. The living room and kitchen are one big room.

dz 005dz 006dz 007

View this morning from the kitchen. I should set up a daily picture from this same spot so we can see the changes throughout the year.

dz 001

Just a section of our patio. It wraps around, and is HUGE!!!!

dz 004

View from our living room/Brylee’s play area

dz 003

Yeah. Cary found this for us. He did good! Smile

4 comments:

Jenn said...

From Ron Ford via Facebook:

Nice digs. Carey did a great job.

Jenn said...

From Jeff Christenson via Facebook:

Great photos! Thank your for sharing! Miss you.

Jenn said...

From Brad via Facebook:

oh look more snow. (seriously tho, cool pics. now I can see what your house looks like)

Jenn said...

From Faith via Facebook:

Love the pictures.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...