Tuesday, March 8, 2011

More Miles, More Pictures

Continuing our driving journey!!!!

Still in Canada: more playing with Chester, who loved being the 'only child' for the week. The hotel was super nice to let us stay in the room an hour longer, which helped so we wouldn't be bored longer...


I noticed all of the McDonald's signs there had a tiny red maple leaf on it. Thought it added a bit of Canadian touch to it all...whatever that means...


As we tried to kill 3 hours until the car would be ready, Cary, Chester and I drove through downtown Waterloo, where we saw ice skaters and shops. We took the opportunity to park and walk around for a bit, helping us see a little more Canada, and enjoy each other's company. Looking back, it was my favorite part of the trip because we got to relax a little, and I was with my love!


I was so excited when we pulled into the parking lot of the car dealership and saw the car parked on the side, clean...it was ready!!!! And an hour early!!!!! I could have hugged the guy I was so happy to get back on the road!

Of course we had to take the opportunity to stop at Niagara Falls, due to the fact it is an international monument, as well as the opportunity to grab a cache. Yeah...we live the high life!








The biggest Hershey bar and kiss you'll ever see!
I thought I would be ecstatic to be back in the states, but as soon as we passed border patrol, the NY rage hit. Cary and I were supposed to take a left exit somewhere, so we drove in the fast lane. Finally, Cary pulled into the middle lane, where cars that tailgated us flew past, one slowing down just long enough to honk his horn...Welcome back to America...

We drove from Waterloo, Ontario to Rochester, NY that night. We had a further destination, but once it got dark, I realized that I wasn't paying attention to the road as well as I should have so we found a hotel close by. This was my favorite hotel because it was more of a suite.

Cary and I also took the opportunity to go grab a cache that night, as well as explore a little bit of NY.
Because the previous day's trip was so short, Cary and I decided to be up at 6 a.m. and get on the road as early as possible.

I love how the road slowly became more and more wind-y as well as the mountains becoming larger and larger. Once we got into Vermont, I felt so much better and could see the end coming. The pictures here become more or less the same, and I can't really tell where New Hampshire ended and Maine began.









We made it into our house at 6 p.m. on Thursday evening, took a moment to go visit Cary's parents at their new house, and then go home and get ready to start the day over again...with more driving. But this time to go get my parents and our little girl!

A very special thanks to:

La Quinta Inn
, Springfield, MO
La Quinta Inn, Plainfield, IN
Comfort Suites, Sarnia, Ontario Canada
Comfort Suites, Waterloo, Ontario Canada
Homewood Suites, Rochester, NY
Volvo of London, Ontario
Volvo of Waterloo, Ontario

Total miles driven: 2,000-ish...give or take, given kilometers in Canada, and our 'side trips'...

6 comments:

Jenn said...

From Brad via Facebook:

lots of snow

Jenn said...

From Eric via Facebook:

glad you got your car back and had a good day

Jenn said...

From Amy Corry via Facebook:

Amazing!! I went there summer 09 and is One of my all time favorite spots

Jenn said...

From Barbara via Facebook:

Awesome!!

Jenn said...

From Brandi Schwertner via Facebook:

Love Niagara! Hope you're having a great time!

Jenn said...

From Mary Gay via Facebook:

That is a awesome picture. Great job.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...