Tuesday, March 15, 2011

3 Weeks Now...

It's been an interesting ride so far. In reality, I can't tell if this feels like a long vacation, or if I'm already 'adjusted'.

Chester met with the vet here in ST, and to try to decrease the frequency of seizures he has, we increased his Potassium Bromide, which is also affecting his little back legs, and much to my dismay, the frequency of his urge to urinate. Yesterday he was bugging me every 30 minutes to go outside and pee, and I would try to stretch it out to 3 hours, but was successful with only 1 1/2-2 hours. Until his dad got home, and then he was content with a much longer amount of time. Figures.


Brylee is doing really well here, playing out in the snow, loving Your Baby Can Read, and reading books. I kid you not--this girl reads more during the day with me than playing with toys. She gets so excited to see a 'new' book and brings it to me, shrieking 'boooook!' And loves to sit in our laps as we read the book together.

She also says 'moo', 'baa', and 'neigh', thanks to Moo, Baa, La La La (thank you Guess family!!!).

Her T-Ma and Poppy took her to Build A Bear during the week they kept her and made an "Adventure Bear" that has a little noise button which is T-Ma and Poppy's voices. She loves that bear, and though she can't push the button in the hand yet, she loves to hug him!


The snow is melting very quickly here in Small Town, leaving our patio completely snow free and the only hint of winter is when the water still on it is frozen in the mornings. But Chester still loves to go out and walk all over it, drinking the melted stuff.

And because the snow has melted quickly, yesterday morning we looked out the window to see 2 squirrels and at least 1 chipmunk foraging for food. It was so cute to watch them skitter around, and watch Chester go crazy...and Brylee and I loved every moment! Can't wait to see the fox, moose, deer, and other animals that our neighbors say have been around!


Brylee and I have visited the Mother Goose story times at the library for the last 2 Fridays now, and she really seems to enjoy it. It is structured differently than the Story times in Lewisville, with no parachute, and more singing and story telling...and a craft each time! The first week was Dr. Seuss themed, and the story teller dressed in a Cat In The Hat costume! The second week was music themed, and Brylee enjoyed every bit of it, except for the slide whistle at the beginning of the story time. But she got into the instrument playing at the end of the time!



I haven't really gotten out again to see the town more, except for with Cary and his parents, but I am trying to space out how much and often I go into the little stores, because it will be only a short time before I run out of shops here and have to go out further!

Last weekend Cary and I drove to another town to eat dinner, and grab a cache (yay for melting snow!). We spotted a souvenier shop on the way out, and stopped to grab...what else?...fudge!!! It was a neat store, and just might have to take my parents when they come visit. I forgot my camera, which has become a bad habit lately, and had to rely on Cary's phone to catch a gorgeous picture of the sun peeking through clouds in the mountains...


Cary and Brenda are working really hard trying to get to know their jobs, right in the middle of tax season. The lady they are working with is very nice and helpful, as well as patient! Cary has been getting home after 6 every evening, and is at work by 7 a.m., so I know he is ready for the big season to be over so he can relax just a little more!

ST had a vote the first of March on whether or not to ban larger restaurants and large corporations from coming here. Turns out that the vote was against the ban, so we now have a McDonald's coming here. I get why they are trying to ban the large corporations (so we can support the family owned places around here), but it will be interesting to see the further growth in this town. It already grows from 4,000 in the off-season to 35,000 during the summer time!

Skype rocks, and I get to watch T-Ma and Poppy read a book to Brylee each time we talk. What a great way to wind down the day. Except that Brylee has been a very sleepy thing the last couple of times we have talked online. But I can't wait to do it again and let Brylee get excited to see her grandparents!

I am very ready for the spring here, to be able to see more than just white and get to know the area better, including the parks and lakes!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

From Brad via Facebook:

I miss our lunches. :(

Jenn said...

via Facebook:

me too Brad!

Jenn said...

From T-ma via facebook:

I have 2 new books for her. I first have to find them & then decided to read them from here or send them to her. Maybe both. I loved Brylee sitting in my lap to read. Yes she LOVES books! I miss our lunches & weekends but we will see you soon...

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...