Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve 2007

Today is the day Cary and I visit my parents for Christmas. We head over early, as we needed to start the brisket and catch up on laundry.

Once we get everything sorted at my parents, we sit down to enjoy A Christmas Story. Dad got home not long after we were settling in, and reminded me that there were some gifts that needed to be wrapped for mom. So just as we started wrapping them, mom drove around the corner, coming home much earlier than we expected. Cary and Dad must have got a kick out of watching me run around yelling "Abort Mission!"

We spent the day looking through our 300+ pictures from our honeymoon (that alone took about 3 hours!) and recapping our trip. Dinner was at 6:00, and then it was time to open gifts!

I got a couple of movies (The Little Mermaid and Pirates of The Caribbean 3), some ornaments (a couple of joint ones of "Our First Christmas"), and more socks!

After opening gifts, Cary and I made a buttermilk pie for the gathering we had with his parents for tomorrow night. The entire thing was homemade, and it was the first time I had made something like this, and it turned out so great! We didn't have nutmeg, so we instead used cinnamon, which I think makes it so great (then again, I'm on a cinnamon kick right now!)

Cary wasn't feeling very well, so we were home and fell asleep early. Tomorrow is Christmas Day!!!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...