Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Christmas 2007!


This morning we woke up around 8:00, with Cary feeling worse than he did yesterday and started out the day with homemade waffles (the Christenson's recipe), which ended up being really messy, since neither one of us have ever used a waffle maker before. But to me, they were yummy!

Cary and I opened our gifts to each other. I gave to Cary a couple of shirts from L.L. Bean, one being a sweater and the other being a warm shirt. I also got him a pair of ice skates, which I was so excited to give him. We have been ice skating a couple of times before, and now it was time for him to upgrade from rental skates to his very own.

From Cary I received Gilmore Girls, Season 1, and Apples to Apples, which I had been told from Dr. B that it was a great game. I couldn't wait to test it out!

After opening our gifts, we got ready and went to Gary and Brenda's house to celebrate Christmas with them. We enjoyed lunch together, along with delicious Buttermilk and Chocolate pies (I love me some Chocolate pie--tastes just like what Aunt Ann used to make!!!)
Then it was time to open gifts. Cary is so child-like (in a good way) when it comes to gift time. He gets all excited and bounces around, waiting (im)patiently for his turn to open gifts. He cracks me up!
I received from Gary and Brenda a couple of really cute shirts with complimenting camisoles, as well as a gift card to go shopping at the Limited--my favorite store!!! We also received some additional towels for our bathroom (we registered for both blue and yellow for our wedding, but only received blue--they got us the yellow). Thank you guys! What wonderful gifts!!
After lunch we went over pictures with them, talking about the honeymoon and the funny stories that we had with it, and then played a game or two. Cary and I left at 6:00 that evening, taking home a lot of gifts and food to last us for a long time!

1 comment:

Cary said...

Awwww... what good memories. Let's do it again!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...