Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Woke up again about 8:30. I love getting to snooze in on vacation!


Looking outside as we ate breakfast, I started feeling bad for our lonely snowman sitting outside...I know, I know...I have weird emotions...

But I fixed it, and now we have 2 snowmen! I'm surprised that I did not give names to them...like I said, weird!


Today we drove to South Woodstock where we visited some stables and arranged for a sleigh ride for tomorrow evening. Not far from there, there was an inn, Kendron Valley Inn, where we stopped by afterwards to make reservations for dinner after the sleigh ride.


With these reservations made, we decided to explore Vermont a little more. We drove around and visited places like the town where Calvin Coolidge was born (he was born in the back of a store!) and also visited Rockefeller/Marsh/Billings Historical sites. Here, they have trails, but they were closed for tours, but you were still able to walk the cleared paths. So, of course, we did.

Being in the Snowman making mood, we found some snow plowed against the road and decided to see if this snow was better for making them. Mine consisted of plopping 3 on top of each other in order of size. Cary was a little more artsy with his, carfully shaping it. This snow did stick better!


When we were tired of walking the short trails, we headed back into town. We stopped at Mac's again to purchase supplies for dinner tonight and lunch for tomorrow. And then we were off again to play more Hoopla and relax at the house.


Mid-way playing Hoopla, we looked outside and saw that the snow had started falling again. One of the neatest things about this house was that we could see deer tracks throughout the snow. We went downstairs to watch the snow from a different perspective. This is where the most embarrassing moment happened: I fell down the stairs! Luckily it was only the last couple of steps, but it did hurt none the less. Cary and I got a laugh out of it, though. Guess its a positive thing if you can laugh at yourself!


For dinner, we made Frito Pie (yum!!!). Now that we were nice and warm, it was the perfect time to drive to the square and walk around the green and take in the beautiful night. The green was so quiet and peaceful--apparently anyone who lives in the town is used to snow-filled nights and chooses to stay in. We took advantage of it and took several pictures of the tree and lights.


While in the square, we visited the library. It is one of the most beautiful buildings I have ever seen! I took a lot of pictures, but of course, the pictures do not do the beauty justice. I was in awe of the place, and cannot wait to visit again.


Hungry for dessert, we walked back to the car to go to the East Ender (quickly becoming a popular joint with us!) We came up to a snow bank on the side of the road, and Cary very casually pushed me down into the snow....and the camera! Both were ok and REALLY funny, but (shock across my face....) he pushed me into the snow!!!! On our honeymoon!!!!!

As soon as we walked in the door to the East Ender, a host was waiting to seat us. It was as if they knew we would be coming back (and knew we were only coming for dessert...). The restaurant was slow enough that they even seated us at the same table we had the night before. Mmmmm!!! My Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake and hot chocolate were DELICIOUS!!!! I think Cary only somewhat liked his Apple Turnover. I know what I'll get again in the future!


After dinner we made the drive back to the house, winding down for the night. ABC Family had another Christmas show on, so that would have been the end to a perfect day. Of course I couldn't resist--when we were walking to the door, I tried to push Cary down into the snow in the yard...but he's too strong. Somehow, I ended up face first in the cold powder and him just standing there laughing at me!!!!





No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...