Saturday, December 22, 2007

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Last night I didn't sleep very well for several possible reasons: we were going home today, but we also had directions to be out of the house by 9:00 a.m. so that the housekeepers could come clean up after us. I woke up with thoughts like:

Did I remember to pack this?

Did I wrap the souveniers ok for a safe journey?

Did I get enough souveniers for me and my family?!

Anyways, finally got myself out of bed at 7:00 because I just couldn't rest anymore. We had what was left of our breakfasts for the week: Eggos and Cinnamon rolls!!!!

After the last minute walk throughs and packing (I had to expand my huge suitcase!!!), we left the house, saying a very sad goodbye. For the entire week, the front yard was beautiful and the snow was untouched. I was going to make one last mess by running through it, but I was sad to see that someone (or something) already had... :o( But then I saw deer tracks on our sidewalk, and was quickly forgiving, as it was a Deer!!!! Not some silly mutt, or human ruining my fun!

Since it was fairly early and didn't have to hurry ourselves too much to get to Boston, we drove to New Hampshire, where Cary showed me the house of his dreams. It is in East Andover, and there are apple orchards, a barn (connected) and so much land with this beautiful white home. And the road that you take to it is a little country road, not well known. But this is my favorite part: there are a lot of trees on either side, so the seasons on this road is breathtaking!

After stopping and looking at this house (and daydreaming!), we got back onto the road again. We were just outside of Boston when we decided to stop and grab some food for lunch, and fill the gas tank. We stopped in Lawrence, MA at a gas station. We didn't know until we got there that it was a Full Service. And man, the attendant was busy!!!! The worst part about it though was how bad the traffic and roads were. We barely got out alive!!!

We looked everywhere for a Subway (which Cary said before was EVERYWHERE!!!!) but never found one. We settled for a hamburger joint called Mike's. By this time, we were getting tired, and I think Cary was starting to feel a little under the weather. The food was good, though, but we left with it only being 1/2 eaten.

We got into Boston with 4 hours to spare. Cary wanted to try to show me the town a little bit (he had lived there for a month while training with American Eagle) but I was nervous that the airport security would be terrible on the weekend before Christmas. Also not knowing whether or not we wanted to pull our luggage everywhere, we continued on to the car rental place and then the airport. Just my luck--I could have been in Boston, looking around and enjoying the sites, but we were through airport security within just a few minutes....I'm ready to go back and see the historical sites!

To keep us entertained for the 3 extra hours we had, we bought a crossword puzzle activity book from one of the little shops and found a row of rocking chairs that faced out towards the airplanes. Another way we stayed entertained was that Cary and I walked around the airport and he showed me how much it had changed since he had been flying in and out of Boston.

The flight was delayed about 1 1/2 hours, but we managed to stay busy with the activity book. One interesting thing I realized while there (and also quite depressing)--at least one flight took off from this airport with the terrorists on Sept 11, 2001. It was eerie when I thought about how those men sat in possibly any of those seats...

We arrived home about 10:00 that evening to my greeting parents. They showed brought with them pictures from the wedding, so when we got to the apartment, we opened the door to a bunch of gifts and pictures! We didn't go to bed until about 12:30!

What an amazing way to celebrate our new life together. The most perfect honeymoon and coming home to Christmas and family!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...