Thursday, December 27, 2007

I Have A Job Interview!!!

To some it may seem to be a surprise that I am really bummed about the current job that I have. I have been with Dr. Benjamin's for nearly 3 years, mostly as the main full-time technician (though that might not be true--he never officially gave anyone a title).

So, I have been getting my name out into the business world in hopes to have a change. Not just a change in jobs, but a change in careers. If we have the potential of moving up north, I think it would be a good idea to have flexibility, just in case I need to get a job but veterinary assistance is not needed.

I know that I have no experience outside of retail and veterinary technician, so it will be hard to convince companies to give me a chance. But I am determined to see what I can do, and not lose hope.

And it starts today! I have an interview with Archon, the company that Brenda works for, and that Cary used to work for before moving to Avelo. I know that it will be hard for them to hire on yet another McFadden, but I am hopeful nonetheless.

**Update: the interview was at 8:30, and I met Karen Pettie with AP and had a phone conference with David Stone. The interview lasted over an hour, including filling out an application, take a Zero Risk test, as well as a drug screening. I am one of 2 applicants!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...