Monday, January 18, 2010

A Birthday Bash Weekend...Over A Week Late!

January 15-17 was quite a weekend to remember!

Cary started it off in celebration for my birthday, going to Medieval Times for dinner. This was our second time there together, but I have been there several times before. And of course, it is always enjoyable! They changed up the story line, so this made the event more interesting because I did not know what to expect. I can't wait for Brylee to be old enough to go with us and cheer on the knights!





























Because this was going to be a late night with the dinner event, the little one stayed overnight with her Oma and Opa, but on Saturday morning I had to pick her up early for a girls' day out with my mom, my aunt Amy, my Granny, and cousin Stacy.

What a fun day! We walked and shopped around the mall, stopping to feed Brylee and getting all of us drinks to enjoy. After finding silly shoes for mom, a funny little hamster toy for Stacy, and a really cute yellow outfit for Brylee, we called the day a success, and then planned for another girls' day in April. Looking forward to it!












Mom and I then went home to meet the guys for our evening of birthday fun (for dad and me!). Dinner was at Outback, where Brylee had a major fit (she was either hungry, dirty, or afraid of the darker restaurant), dessert was cheesecake at home, and dad and I got to enjoy some fun gifts (dad a light for his Kindle, and the Twilight Zone Series 1st season, and me some charms for my new bracelet!), and then Brylee stayed the night with T-Ma and B-Pa while Cary and I went home to get another peaceful night's sleep. Mom and dad knew that I was starting work again on Monday, and wanted to make sure I got the rest I needed for the emotion-filled week ahead of me.

On Sunday morning, we woke up pretty refreshed, though I knew I would later want nothing more than to go back into that warm bed. But we had a busy day ahead of us, so off we went!

We picked up Brylee and drove to Cary's parents' house, where I walked in to find a really cool set up for my birthday. We were transported back to the 60's for the day!

Brad, Faith, and Helen showed up not much later than that, and the party started. We ate some extra yummy Cheese casserole, veggies, rolls...a feast! After that, we had strawberry cake (my favorite cake!), played some games (Jennoogle!), and I opened presents.

I got a couple more charms for my bracelet (now I have 9!), a planter for herbs, which I am really looking forward to growing and making pizza sauce with, a truly needed me-time bath, hand, and foot care supply, and...some Uggs!

I have been 'hinting' to Cary for quite some time that I wanted a pair of these boots because I hear so much that they are comfortable, but I really didn't expect to get them. One, because of the price, and two, because we don't really have a lot of cold weather here. But I am loving them, and wearing them a lot! (I promise to take good care of them, too!)

The weekend was wonderful, seeing all of my family, some extended family, and doing what I do best, eating and sleeping. I am so spoiled by all of my loved ones, and can't imagine what I did to deserve all that I have.

















On my actual birthday, Cary, Brylee, Chester and I went back to my parents where we went to dinner and they gave me a tiny digital frame so that I could display all of my favorite pictures on them. Brylee even got (yet another) adorable outfit!

1 comment:

MommyTof3 said...

yeah! You updated;)LOLOL I know you are soo busy-but its fun to see what you have been up to....
You took me back talking abt Brylee having a fit at the restaurant.....LOLOL That will happen alot...:)
What a fun couple of days!!
Whoot! Happy Birthday Jenn :)

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...