Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How Wonderful They Were, Day 3

Brylee is 8 weeks old today!!

And...she slept 6 hours between feedings last night!! I woke up Cary at 2:00 realizing this, and realizing that I didn't want her to go any longer without food. It was most likely because of our busy day yesterday, but still, our little girl is growing up so fast!

According to Babycenter.com:

Your baby can tell the difference between familiar voices and other sounds, and she's becoming a better listener. She can also show you that she's in tune with her environment. Notice how she looks to see where certain noises are coming from. An ongoing conversation (although seemingly one-sided) can help your baby develop her sense of place. She may even watch your mouth as you talk, fascinated by how it all works. You'll be amazed by her ability to communicate with a growing repertory of coos (musical, vowel-like sounds), smiles, and unique cries to express her different needs.

*On a side note: This morning I took her into the bathroom to look in the mirror. While she is fascinated with the lighting, she took a moment to look at the reflections of herself and me. My heart melted when she smiled the biggest, prettiest smile at us! I tried to get it on video a little later, but she got camera shy. Oh well, I'll try again later!

At Birth

One Week

2 Weeks

3 Weeks (she can wear clothes!)

4 Weeks

5 Weeks

6 Weeks

7 Weeks

8 Weeks!

2 comments:

carymc said...

someone spoke to soon.

The Guess Family said...

I know the books say, they can't sleep through the night until they are 10 pounds, but after going through it with 3, I would not wake a sleeping baby. You can always squeeze her feedings tighter during the day. My girls have always done best at night from about 2 months until 4. Then, something happens and they start waking up again. I nurse them back to sleep, which starts a bad habit!!! Anyway, trust your insticts and do what works for you, but if she is sleeping I would enjoy it!!!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...