Tuesday, January 12, 2010

How Wonderful They Were, Day 2

Lunches with the families.

It is normal for me to have lunches with Cary's parents every Wednesday, but while on maternity leave, it became a weekly meeting with my mom as well.

Today was the same, but slightly different. Okay, a LOT different. I had lunch with my mom and dad, and our friend Dawn at Palio's. But before going to the restaurant, I stopped inside mom's work to show off our little one.

Once T-ma saw her little grandbaby, she took off, showing her to all of her coworkers and loving on her.

After lunch, Cary and I went up to his work, where we were this time met by Oma, who also took her into her arms and went around showing everyone. Brylee got tired at one point and just zonked out...with no way to wake her up.

When I was driving home, I made the last minute decision to go ahead and go to my job. Why not? She was dressed adorably, and was nice and quiet. And it would allow 'us' time on our last Thursday and Friday together.

So off to my job I went, to surprise all of my co-workers. The funniest part about it was, there was a baby shower going on for one of my co-workers, whose girlfriend is expecting their first little girl soon.

It was great to see all of my friends again. I saw the ladies (and guy) who work on my row, and it actually felt good to be back there again. I made my way up and down the rows, and I think I saw everyone I was hoping to see, except for a couple, or make that 3...

It will still be hard to go back to work on Monday, but getting to see Penny, Lori, Nikitha, Brittani, Ramona, and Janell again will be awesome. And adult conversation (besides Cary and our parents!)--so much to catch up on! I can't wait to hear how everyone's holidays went, and how the scary year-end went as well.

So poor Brylee is exhausted. And that napping I told you I like to do? None of that for me today! But hopefully the rest of the week will be relaxing and more time to bond!


P.S.--If anyone didn't get to hold her that really wanted to, please let me know. I will be glad to give you the opportunity sometime!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...