Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Week 10


Guess what? Your baby can pick out his parents' faces in a group. She eyes widen and shine and she wiggles with glee when someone familiar comes near. She's ready and willing to hone her social skills, so make her part of family activities-bring her to the table during dinner, or put her in a carrier sling while you work. She loves your company as much as you love hers.

The second part to this is so true...she does love our company, especially last night around midnight, when she kept crying for us. She was asleep immediately after I held her tiny body against mine, and even though I was frustrated for the premature wake-up call, my heart melted and I almost decided to go to sleep right there in the glider....at least until I fell out :o)

The first part, though, is yet to be proven. Everyday she seems more and more happy, giggling and smiling at things like the ceiling, the fan, her nightlight...her bottle.

I walked into daycare sometime last week to find her being fed, and when they removed the bottle from her lips, she looked at me, little head wobbling, one eye closed, the other squinting to see what caused her disturbance. With the milk dripping off her bottom lip onto her chin, she looked like some crazy drunk person that was ready to beat me up for disturbing her favorite activity. I wish I had my camera handy for that face. It was classic, and hopefully burned into my mind for a long time to come. Like her momma, she likes her food!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...