Sunday, January 10, 2010

Brylee Milestones

She's almost 8 weeks old, and to me, growing too quickly! Here are some things she has accomplished so far. I don't know how typical these are for 7 1/2 week-olds, but we sure are proud!
  • She holds her head up pretty well, and she has been doing so for a while
  • She is starting to smile, and not just gassy ones either!
  • She now wears newborn and 0-3 clothing, which was a feat after 3 weeks of Gerber Newborn onsies that sagged on her (she was just a touch too big for Preemies). The 0-3 clothing is still big, but she is so cute in them!
  • She has slept 5 hours between feedings the last 2 nights. What a joy! At the same time, we are starting to get a better routine going at night, easier to get back to sleep.
  • She looks around and takes in everything she sees. It is so fun to show her pictures and watch her gaze for a long time before she is ready for the next one.
  • She was born at 5 lbs, 9 oz, and now weighs (according to a regular scale, not doctor scale) 8.4 lbs!
I love the bonding time I have had with her these last 7 1/2 weeks. This next one is going to be emotional as I think about how the return to work is so near. She has come so far in such a short time, and she will develop so much more, and I can't wait to come home from work and see her each night. Poor Cary, he has a lot of emotion to face the next few days!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...