Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Saturday...In The Museum


Saturday my parents took Brylee for the day, and night. And as always, what a blessing! My grandparents and uncle came to visit her and she got some of the cutest clothing! I can't wait for the weather to get a little warmer so she can wear one outfit (wait--am I feeling ok? I just asked for WARMER WEATHER!?!?!)

Cary and I took advantage of the situation of course and spent the day in Ft. Worth checking out the new Ft. Worth Museum of Science and History. But first, lunch at a hole-in-the-wall fried chicken joint, Lisa's Chicken! (we survived, but ate different things, you know, just in case). The food really wasn't bad--pretty tasty!

The museum had just opened after renovations, so it was pretty busy. But there were so many rooms of activities for kids to do, and the parents were learning alongside. In one room there was the opportunity to build straw bridges, in another do spirographs and other gluing and concoctions.

Outside there was a water-work feature, where kids could shoot water, build dams, and just sit on a table that sprayed water down on them.

There was also a room that talked about the trolley car, another that had Native American clothing.

But my favorite room was the CSI exhibit, where you got to choose 1 of 3 cases, go and look at the crime scene, then walk around and try to figure out the clues and guess who the murderer was. If it wasn't so busy, I would have loved to have sat down and looked at the clues in more depth, but I felt like people were crowding me, so we gave up kinda quickly after looking at all of the sections briefly.

After checking out the entire museum, we went to the Omni Theater and checked out the Alps feature. This is the room that is the giant round dome and you feel like you are going to fall over. Then when the movie starts, you feel like you are flying around above buildings and mountains...always a trip!

When the film was over (they were also showing A Christmas Carol, but we didn't take the opportunity to see this), Cary and I drove to the square in Ft. Worth where we enjoyed a hamburger dinner from Jake's (they use poppy seeds to sprinkle on top of the hamburger bun!), and spent a little time walking the square, where they still had the Christmas tree and some decorations up), and then drove back to our home turf, where we decided to catch the next showing of Sherlock Holmes.

I'm not too familiar with Sherlock Holmes, except I know he's a detective, kind of crazy (per Cary), his friend Dr. Watson, and we saw a set in London. I really enjoyed this movie! Too bad we didn't see it before we checked out the CSI exhibit at the museum...I would have spent more time trying to figure out the who-done-it, even with all the pressure to move on quickly!

After this was over, Cary and I went home to a warm, cozy bed...I slept well after a busy day! And, of course, I was happy to see my baby and Chester again on Sunday.

Thank you again T-Ma and B-Pa for helping us enjoy each other and refreshing ourselves so that we can take better care of Brylee!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...