Thursday, January 14, 2010

How Wonderful They Were, Day 4

*this dress was worn my my grandmother (as a blouse), my dad, me, and now Brylee!

The long, LONG nights....

Ok. So at this moment, after dealing with a child that decided not to sleep in the wee hours of the morning, this is not true. But I'm sure that when I look back on this years from now, I will smile fondly.

But no matter how tired I am right now though, rocking her to sleep with her tiny warm body against mine is a wonderful feeling. I'll still have to do this next week, and for several weeks after that, but I will probably be looking at the clock more than I did these last 8 weeks.

Before I went on maternity leave, I was curious as to why the time off was 6-8 weeks. But no matter what the reasons are, I am so glad to have that time (I loved the unexpected extra 2 weeks!) so that I could learn how to take care of my little one at all hours, as well as make sure that my other loved ones were taken care of.

I am so incredibly blessed to get to experience this, good and bad (just give me a nice healthy dose of caffeine to go with it!)

1 comment:

The Guess Family said...

we could have hung out....Gracyn was up all night too...getting new teeth is a tough!!!!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...