Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Joplin, MO



My head has been swarming and full of prayers these last few days for those in Joplin, MO. Such a tragedy that has come upon them, and unfortunately the news continues to show more heading their direction. Currently, St. Louis is under a tornado warning.

Last night, while Joplin faced more tornado warnings amid all of this pain, my hometown of Dallas, TX was also being affected by heavy rains, hail, and tornadoes. Pictures from my friends on Facebook showed tornadoes just a block away from their homes, and even one forming over another friend's house. My aunt even stated that a tornado passed her house by going on the next street.

Today I am so grateful to our Father for placing His beautiful hand over my friends and family and keeping them safe. And I continue to pray for His love to wrap around the city of Joplin and the entire state of Missouri during this difficult time.

It's no secret that I'm terrified of storms, and while I was grateful to have been 2,000 miles up north, I still felt so helpless because I just wanted to be there for everyone who was going through all of this.

My heart goes out to all affected!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...