Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Pretty Special Birthday

...For a pretty special person. Or maybe throw in a second as well!

We decided to celebrate Helen's big 1-0 birthday by taking her back in time...way back!













Unfortunately, the plans didn't quite work out as well as we were hoping. Miscommunication and terrible traffic had Brad, Faith, and Helen arriving just as the show was starting, but fortunately they missed nothing really. And the food that had been served was still warm!

Mostly I think we were glad that everyone made it safe, and hopefully had a great time as well...















































Brylee had only had one short nap all day, and during the announcements threatened to break down and not be soothable, but once she saw the horses, she was a happy, awake camper again! When the horses first came out, she was shouting "neigh! neigh!". We thought she was crying at first, but when we looked, not a tear was spilling, and she was wide-eyed and pointing at her favorite creatures!



















The beautiful birthday princess and her mom both got carnations from our knight, which he receives to give the the fair ladies of his court whenever he is successful in his challenges.

"Helen's got a boyfriend...Helen's got a boyfriend..." (insert dirty look from Brad here...if he could have heard me chanting that)

"Faith's got a boyfriend...Faith's got a boyfriend..." ("I've got a shotgun...I've got a shotgun" Brad chanted back)










And the tiny little lady received the final tasks reward: a beautiful banner that was tied to the end of his jousting baton. I was hoping that Helen would receive it for her birthday but since another little girl was there celebrating hers as well, I guess giving it to the youngest in the court was the smart thing to do! :o)































(Don't know what happened here, but I'm not uploading all of these pictures again to fix it...)

































I had arranged for Helen to be knighted for her birthday, which they do before the show, but since they didn't arrive in time for the last pre-show knighting, we got to stay back and have her knighted afterwards. The picture the employees took for her scroll was great! She made one beautiful princess for the day!










My family usually doesn't make a big announcement for birthdays whenever we go out to eat, but this time, I thought it might make Helen more comfortable if someone went through the same thing she did, so we surprised "Lord T.J." with a knighting as well. But Helen was super brave, not shy at all to go up and see a sword swinging at her...and neither was mom! I'm so proud!



















Picture time!














































This is what happens when you take too many pictures:










Afterwards, we wanted a little more time with Brad, Faith, and Helen, so we all trekked over to get some ice cream. Brylee didn't even make it to get her own scoop, which she loves!










But boy she was fired up again when we got home!

She loved getting tickled by Vader's tail










And wrestling Poppy before being sent to bed...for the first out of 2 times!



















Helen, I hope you had a wonderful birthday with us today. I'm sorry the time with you was so short, but I hope you know we love you, and think that you are our Queen of Love and Beauty!!!!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...