Monday, May 2, 2011

A Very Significant Day In Our History

September 11, 2001: America was attacked in what is known today as the biggest attack in American history. A man 'stepped forward', claiming to have been the mastermind behind these attacks, and stating that there will be more, on more countries, more people. Osama bin Laden

May 1, 2011: this man, this terrorist, has been killed by a group of our troops. It is a very good day.

However, like I heard someone state on the radio, I am afraid of retaliation. Osama Bin Laden was not foolish to think he was not the most hunted person in the world and that his time was most likely short here on earth, so I wonder how much he has trained an apprentice...or even how many. And what to expect these next few days, weeks, months...

It is not my place to pass judgment or pray for death, but I do hope the apprentice(s) have been killed in action, or perhaps doesn't have the intelligence that Bin Laden did to make such a terrible attack.

But today I will smile and thank God for the incredibly brave men that carried out this action that ultimately showed the terrorists that America does not give up, and we don't take the actions from nearly 10 years ago lightly.

God Bless America!

And now, for some of my favorite quotes from my friends on Facebook:

Susan Tandukar:

May 1st Prayer... Now I lay me down to sleep... one less terrorist this world does keep... with all my heart I give my thanks... to those in uniform regardless of ranks... you serve our country and serve it well... with humble hearts your stories tell... so as I rest my weary eyes... while freedom rings our flag still flies... you give your all, do what you must... with God we live and God we trust.... Ame
n

Firefighter:

Hahaha I couldn't help but repost after reading this! Imagine the look on Bin Ladens face when he gets there and instead of 71 Virgins he stands face to face with 343FDNY Firemen with a Haligan each!


Raine Fossett:

How about this.......Instead of rejoicing, can we pray for our country? We are still in a recession, ppl are still unemployed......Lets us think about this.....do you think someone else will want that power OSAMA had? YES.....do you think someone will want revenge? YES....The best thing we can do is pray for our country as well as other countries..GOD Bless AMERICA


Tracey Dickey:

"I have never wished a man dead, but have read certain obituaries with great pleasure" - Mark Twain
Bless our troops on a mission well done.


Brad McFadden:

The celebration of justice should be a somber remembrance of that which required that justice be done.
-Matt Morrison


Kidd Kraddick:

A prince gets married and the bad guy is dead. It was a total Disney weekend!


Jeff Christenson:

From friend: May 1, 1945: Hitler's death was announced! May 1, 2011: Osama Bin Laden's death was announced!! May 1st should be declared a national holiday!!!


Clay Barker:

Tonight I forgive Osama and I will pray for his soul and rest easy knowing that it is not my job to place judgement. Lord hear my prayers! Bless the soldiers who have fought for our safety. Bless the innocent lives lost on all sides. We can only pray that we can all come together and move towards understanding and away from fear.


Lakeisha Harris:

If you don't know God get to know him.. The devil is real mad now he lost one of his true soldiers!!! So he will recruit another one stronger than Bin laden...


Jon Dahlvig:

To my fellow firefighters, EMS providers, and LEO's, while this is a joyous moment for our country and fallen brothers from 10 years ago, let's be prepared for a retaliation attack, stay safe, Everyone Goes Home (EGH)!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...