Saturday, September 17, 2011

Good-bye Writer's Block


For almost 4 years now, I have written a blog.  And I have enjoyed it immensely, but I have felt like something has been missing.  Something I had before beginning this blog.  I think I lost it not long after graduating from college. 

Oh yes.  Imagination.

I used to love to write stories, the ones with made up characters, made up scenarios, all streaming from my head.  Movies and books inspired me.  Pirates, witches and wizards, and even sports helped round out these stories that I created (and no, not all in one story...that would be a bit too busy!).

So lately I have felt stagnate with my mind.  I haven't read a lot, I haven't sat down to do things for myself, like learn how to knit, or do much baking (I love to bake, but I can't decorate to save my life!), and I realize how much I miss me-time.

One Friday, Cary re-introduced to me a weekly writing idea:  100 word story.  We've only done it once, but it got my creative juices flowing again.  I have since started writing a bit more again, some adding to stories from several years ago, as well as some new.

The funny part about this post, is that I don't intend on sharing any of it with anyone...well, maybe Cary...someday...I am much too skeptical of my work to share aloud.  But maybe I'll share some of the brief 100 word stories with everyone, maybe to give everyone a laugh.

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...