Sunday, March 29, 2009

Adventures in Sleeping: Dream Edition

So, lately I have had some weird dreams. And a lot of the time, they are very vivid and descriptive. I have decided that some of you might be interested in hearing the more memorable ones, just to show you what the unconscious mind can do. So, here it goes: welcome into the mind of Jenn!

One morning my dream was in Maine. It was at night when I was about to head back to 'home', but I decided to go left on a street to see where it led to. I saw a gift shop in someone's garage, and decided to check it out, so I parked my car and walk in.

Whenever I first saw the gift shop, it was lit up, but when I walked in, it was pitch black. But lights came on as I got inside, telling me they had motion sensor lights. I started looking around when a couple appear at the door attached to the garage that was their house. They said that if I needed assistance, then let them know. They then went on to tell me about a kid's bike and how it was a dandy of a bike...

So when I was finished looking around the cluttered gift shop, I jumped on my trusty canine transportation and started riding home. Hmmm...my car became a dog...not much larger then Chester...

As I was riding along, we would come to curbs in the road, which I told myself that I would get off, pick up the dog, and carry it across the street (as any responsible dog-rider would do), but sometimes my dog would be stubborn and just jump across the dip in the road.

We were riding along the banks of some water and everytime we would reach one of the dips in the road, a 'Great White' shark would appear, hoping that the dog would mess up and would have a tasty appetizer and main course meal.

Suddenly, I was back at the crummy giftshop, looking over an edge of water with the family that owned the gift shop (husband, wife, and son). A 'Great White' was trying to jump up and capture one of us to eat. We somehow got a rope around it, but it was still snapping at us. I look behind me and tell someone to grab a pole, and we could beat it to death. Well, the son at this time decided that the rope was good enough and started swinging it around as hard as he could. The shark (now only about 1 foot long) was being swung around, hitting the walls and ceiling hard...by the time the son was finished swinging the long rope, the shark was unrecognizable...

Then I remembered that the shark I had seen while riding home was at least twice the length...

Another dream:

My friend Katie came to see Cary and I as a surprise. When I saw her, I gave her a big hug and asked her how long she was in town. Her answer was until Saturday. Well, I don't know what day it was in my dreams, but she then had a bigger surprise for us: tickets to the Harry Potter premier in New York City. Suddenly the 3 of us were on a flight, waiting to take off. But we were on a real road with real cars. The airplane in front of us took off in front of a stoplight just as it turned red. Our plane pulled into the left turn lane and turned left when it turned to the green arrow and then took off...

Well, we get to the hotel, and somehow Katie disappeared. Cary called her cell phone and when he spoke with her, she had come down sick, so it would be just the 2 of us going to the premier. When I went to shower to get ready, 2 maintenance guys came into the hotel and were very rude and disruptive. I remember throwing things at one of them, just to get them to leave...then Cary's alarm to wake up went off....we never made it to the premier! :o(


Well, I'm trying to remember some of the other dreams I have had lately that make me think 'wow' when I wake up...most of them have to do with flying, going through security at the airport (one dream had Brangelina in it...), all in anticipation of our upcoming journey to London. As I remember them, I will write them down. I guess this is a form of a dream diary, so the world can see how truly weird the unconscious brain can be!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...