Monday, March 23, 2009

Another Fun-Packed Weekend!

I think I am going to need a vacation just to unwind from the last month of events!

Friday evening Cary and I spent with my parents and dear friends Jeff, Regina, and Melissa. We first met at Logan's for dinner, and then on to the house to read some PSAs Cary and I wrote for the Lewisville Clown Program. Hopefully the clowns like them and we can film them to try to teach more safety lessons!
Saturday was busy, as Cary and I went all over East Texas. We visited the college Cary attended (and graduated from) from 1993-1996. The neat coincidence for this is that I attended marching camp the summer of 1993 just weeks before he started attending classes, when I was a sophomore in high school.
We also visited a chocolate shop called Mary's of Puddin Hill. Lots of chocolate, coffee, and souvenirs. But my favorite was the Doll House and Carousel made out of chocolate that were labeled PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH...Cary couldn't resist temptation... Nothing happend. Then there was a label YOU CAN TOUCH THIS...but the table that was supposed to be displaying a chocolate bunny...but it was not there! It might be one of those things that you had to be present to get the humor...

Once we got to Sulphur Springs, Cary drove to the Milk Museum. Tell me: how can you educate the world about milk if the museum is closed on weekends??? That's ok. We got pictures of the humongous cows at the front.






After a little more time killing, we arrived at Cary's brother and sister-in-law's house, where we visited with our neice Helen for a little bit. Thanks for sharing the Pringles Helen! And I'm sorry I forgot the flowers--they were so pretty and smelled good too!
















After about an hour, we all decided that we were hungry, so we dropped Helen off at Mema's and drove to Winnsboro, where Brad and Faith took us to a great little Italian restaurant. The spaghetti and meatballs were delish! But I had a bite of Faith's pizza...and if I ever go back there again, I will be getting that!





After dinner, we walked around a little kitchen gadget shop for a bit (I love me some kitchen gadgets!) and then went into a "coffee house" to listen to the band of the evening, Slightly Tilted. Before them, however, was a comedian. He was quite funny, and I enjoyed his jokes! Then the band came on. They were covering 70's music and I recognized only 3...I am a young one after all!



Though the band was very good, I found that they were loud, and couldn't enjoy it as much as I could have if they were only a little bit more quiet. But how do you control that situation with instruments and mikes? Hmmm....a work in progress I think. Or perhaps a calling for ear plugs!

We left the coffee house at about 10:30 and headed back to Sulphur Springs, where we departed and made the drive home. This honestly was one of my favorite points of the trip. It was 11:30 at night, and I wanted to make sure that Cary was awake enough to drive, so I kept asking him questions. Well, the questions turned into conversation, and I learned more and fell more in love with my husband during the time. We have always had good conversations, and it reminded me of what makes us so great...



We got to my parents house at almost 1:00 where we picked up Chester...Thank you mom and dad for watching him for us...I can't tell you what it means to us!!! Hope he wasn't too difficult! And then home to shower and curl up in the most welcoming bed...absolute bliss!


On Sunday, we went to Cary's parents, as is the tradition, but this time we got to celebrate Brenda's birthday with hamburgers! Yay! Those hamburgers were so tasty! Brenda opened gifts, we ate blueberry pie (I liked--very much!), and we played games (if you ever want a game you can beat me at, pick Hearts--it is evil!!!)

The weekend was wrapped up with dinner at Sweet Tomatoes, and watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Now back to the work week, with watching my food, exercising, and doing what I get paid to do...

I loved this weekend. It was incredibly special because it allowed for me to get to know my husband more, get to know my family more (and I look forward to more double date nights with Brad and Faith), and celebrating fun with family and friends. Here's to so much more!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...