Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend Recap

Welcome to my weekly weekend recap (and its a real jewel!)
This weekend was (yet another) busy one. On Friday, mom, dad, Cary and I met Jeff and Regina for dinner. After dinner, Jeff had to go by my old high school where they were decorating the cafeteria for a dance they were having the next evening. Jeff has been dj-ing for this particular dance (Circle of Friends--a group I was in way back in the day) for several years.

I wanted to show Cary my old high school, so mom and dad were easily convinced that they needed to go see the set up (Pirate theme) and dad could help Jeff figure out how they could transport the dj equipment onto the deck of the giant pirate ship (1/2 at least) that took up part of the cafeteria.
After looking at the decorations (an incredible job done by everyone!), I led Cary through the 1st floor of Lewisville High School. What memories! I pointed out classrooms I was in, talked about the 'ghost' in the auditorium (many say they have seen it, but I have never been one of those), and talked about memories of my marching days. Time in high school was so wonderful for me. College? Not anywhere near as fun or rewarding!

On Saturday, we took advantage of 'off time' and cleaned the apartment and did almost nothing for the entire day until time to go to church. After church, since mom and dad went to the Circle of Friends dance, Cary and I went off to our own dance--with the Dallas Swing club!

This club (like the one in Ft. Worth) offers an hour course to learn basic steps before the more experienced come in and everyone free dances. This time, though, instead of learning a line dance (Smiley Charleston!), we learned the basic couple steps, turns, and even side-by-side Charleston. But instead of working with one partner the entire time, we had to rotate!

I think Cary was more ok with it then I was. Then again, he got to meet some cute, sweet ladies. Not that the guys I met were bad or anything, but they were interesting: shy, 1st timers afraid to touch their dance partners. One guy had a giant red afro on top of his head, another had a mohawk and long, manicured fingernails. One was there for the first time, dressed in a bright orange shirt with black tie, and he was intent on getting the steps right! But all in all, they were very friendly, and perhaps I will see some of them again. But I was glad to get back into Cary's arms!

After the instructional portion, which I felt very experienced at because Cary and I have been watching swing dvd's for the last couple of weeks, they began the free dancing. And it was so much fun! My calf muscle is tight and cramped today though, making it difficult to get up and just walk somewhere. But that's a good price to pay to have so much fun!

We started our drive home around 10:30 p.m., and Cary stopped at Sonic for munchies. When I showed self-restraint (go me!), we drove home and he enjoyed himself a pb sandwich instead. We went to bed not much later.

Sunday was our usual visit with Cary's parents, including doing laundry (can't thank you guys enough for letting us use the machines and detergent!) and lunch (roasted chicken--yum!), dessert (banana pudding--again yum!), and games. Poor Gary had a sore back, so he did not move around much. Chester got to play outside, and he was a pooped pooch afterwards!

Following up with dinner at Sweet Tomatoes (which has become a weekend staple), a walk (trying to stretch out my sore muscles), and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (lots of tigers!!!), the weekend came to an end. Yet again, a very memorable weekend, one that I will look back upon with fond memories. When's the next one?

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...