Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Smiley Charleston

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing...

Tonight Cary and I travelled to Ft. Worth to test out our legs in our first swing lesson! (Actually, Cary had done this before with his church group, but I have only admired it from movies...)

The setting was at a church, where the chairs were pushed aside, and clear rope lights lined the room. At 8:00 was a lesson, where we learned how to do the Smiley Charleston, which a 4-walled line dance, and then after that, more people came, and the couples dancing began!

The range in ages was nice, with people mine and Cary's age (or younger), to older couples that looked like they were enjoying the retirement years. The best part about it was that during the lesson, I was able to lose my inhibitions, and not worry about what others around me thought. Then again, I had learned how to do the Charleston when I was about 7-8!

Cary and I spent about half of the free dance time observing other couples and how they moved, hopefully remembering some of the cool, free-spirited moves for next time.

What a great time! My legs are tired, but I loved every moment!

http://fwsds.org/

If anyone ever wants to join us, let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Fun! I wanted to do that years ago.

The Guess Family said...

Tommy and I took lessons before our wedding....we had fun, but now it has been awhile since we have gotten any practice in!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...