Friday, March 13, 2009

This McFadden Is Going Green!

Signed up on a committee at work. The "Green Team", a.k.a., the environmentally aware.

I sat in a conference room this morning with 10 others and realized: I have no idea what is going on! I have never been on a committee before (0ther than Circle Of Friends in high school), and was amazed at how organized and committed everyone else was. We are working on a Newsletter, a Garage Sale, and a contest...and that was the FIRST meeting!

Don't get me wrong: this should be fun, and I am looking forward to learning. And when I say that I mean it: I do not know that much about being "Green". Sure, I buy Green Works cleaner, use cloth bags (when I remember them), and we recycle paper, bottles and cans, but...I have A LOT to learn to be on the same level as the rest of these guys...

I guess the best way to learn the little tricks of the trade is to step up and commit!

My contribution? We are starting an Ask Mr. Green column, and I volunteered my dad to be the bald-headed image of this column....get ready to be green, poppy!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...