Monday, February 8, 2010

Take Me Out To The Ballgame...

Well, ice hockey is a ball game, right? At least of some sort. A puck is just a flattened ball....

This weekend was the kick-off to Cary's 3 weeks of birthday. Why 3 weeks you ask? Because I couldn't get a game on a weekend between now and the 26th. And in Cary's book, as soon as the birthday is over, it's dead. And there you have it: a birthday gift 3 weeks in advance. (Please don't make me try to explain it again)

Friday night was the typical 'where do you want to go tonight to eat' charade. We ended up at Which Wich, after trying for Fat Daddy's (a line), and Cici's Pizza (another, longer line). Never been to WW before, and I definitely enjoyed it!

Afterwards was a visit to Babies R Us, where, oddly enough, we were NOT the only family there with a tiny tot. It was fun to try to sneak a peek to see if we had the cutest baby of them all (the verdict is in: yes, we do).

On Saturday, Cary and I knew that I had plans for him in the evening, so we went to his parents' house early to spend a little time with them and drop off CBE (Cutest Baby Ever) to them for the evening. Is it supposed to get HARDER every time we leave her?

How's this for clever: the present was for the Dallas Stars v Phoenix Coyotes game. I had to figure out a way to get the jerseys into the car without him noticing before the 'big reveal'. So I wrapped the jerseys (Hatcher and Langenbrunner--both autographed!) with the tickets into a box...I'm so smart!

When he opened the gift at first, he was disappointed because it was something we already owned. But then the game proved to be a great gift later that night. Perhaps I will wrap more things that we already own for more birthday gifts. I mean, 3 weeks of birthdays could turn expensive!

So after we left little Brylee with Oma and Opa, dropped Chester off with T-ma and B-pa, we drove on out to American Airlines Center for some great sporting fun (but not before driving by a Petland protest by PETA--but that's a whole other story!).

A 'great deal' consisting of Grande Nachos, 2 hotdogs, and 2 bottomless beverages later, and we found our seats on the 3rd level. Great view of everything. I have yet to be disappointed in AAC!

The Stars won 4-0, with only 1 big fight. My favorite part of the evening? The 2nd intermission contest. This happens between spectators who get lucky enough to be picked to go out onto the ice. Dad and I have been amongst these lucky spectators, and it was a wonderful time (another story perhaps?). This event, ice bowling. All it requires is a sled, a giant slingshot, and some giant bowling pins (soft preferably). They pulled the contestants back, one at a time on the slingshot, and then release. The person on the sled glides across the ice and eventually crashes into the bowling pins. Whichever team knocked off the most pins, wins. It was so enjoyable, I had to get it on video to show my parents. I WILL do that...someday!

After the game, Cary and I drove to Babies R Us (I know, I know, I have a problem...) and then home for the night. Sunday consisted of picking up our baby girl and going to visit my parents. We were home before the Superbowl, but chose to do our grocery shopping at that time (how brilliant are we?!).

We watched the Half-time show (I am a fan of The Who!!), laughed at some commercials (it is still up for debate of which is my favorite--I'm always a sucker for the Budweiser Clydedale horse ones--which is filmed in our beautiful little honeymoon spot in Vermont, BTW), and then watched the victory of New Orleans Saints--who I was pulling for...Cary and Brylee were for the Colts. Way to go Saints!!!

Ahhh...After this long winded post, I need a nice hot bath and to go to bed early. Good night!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...