Wednesday, March 17, 2010

4 Months!

I can't believe that in 4 months time, my heart has been stolen, split and broken so many times.

Stolen because that is what little ones do. Broken because leaving her daily at her daycare just tears me up. Split because it is now shared between two incredible people.

A few funny stories to share about this little one:
  • I managed to scare her not once, but twice in one evening, which I say is due to her being tired. But it was funny because I sneezed (literally), and her arms threw out, her eyes got wide, and her grin turned into a frown with trembling lip very quickly. While she was crying, I was laughing really hard and trying to comfort her at the same time. Poor thing is going to get a complex!
  • We are treating her dry skin with Aquaphor (BIG thanks to Jane!!!!), but unfortunately that has led to her first major pimple, which caused a little 3 or 4 year old girl to ask me what was wrong with her head at daycare the other day. Try explaining pimples to a young child….

  • Now that we have debuted the photos that Whitney took, I can tell you that she was grumpy at that time. She had breakfast around 8:00 that gorgeous Saturday morning, and when Whitney arrived, it was getting close to Brylee's naptime. And I thought I had planned it better than that! Because her 'bow' (pacifier) was the only thing that comforted her at the time, we would snap a shot and then put it back in her mouth. When Whitney saw something she liked, she would give the sign, and we would 'pull the plug', hoping that the moment was perfect for her to capture and then push it back in again. After about an hour of this, Whitney began packing up to leave, and Brylee took a 10 minute nap. This apparently was enough to revive her. Whitney ended up staying another hour because the little one was much more cooperative!

  • Last night, I was playing with her by blowing rasberries on her neck or cheek. She got so much joy out of it. I couldn't, wouldn't, stop, even though I knew I should because she had eaten not too much earlier. But the fun came to an end all too quickly when I went in for her cheek and just as she got into my blind spot, she spit up, giving me a nice surprise of milk just below (luckily) my bottom lip. I knew it was coming!

As a lot of people know, Cary sends out weekly emails to some family and friends. I have decided to keep it from being a baby-overwhelmed blog, I will only do by months. This is the report that Cary has this week from http://www.parents.com/:

(for Week 17)

Your baby probably entertains everyone (including herself) by making razzing noises or blowing raspberries. She'll laugh when you tickle her belly, she'll mimic your words by making similar sounds. Boost both her ego and speech skills by chatting and making eye contact with her whenever possible--during playtime, while changing a diaper. She's a lot more responsive now, and there's nothing more exciting to her than your face and voice.

And here is Cary's input:

"Once again, she is not quite to the above achievements, but she is talking (and screaming) and she is still becoming more and more inquisitive, content just watching things come and go. We are starting to figure out how to keep her from becoming less fussy in the evenings (without just putting her to bed) but her night time feeding habits have gone back to two a night. Other than that everything is good."

My input?

She is sitting up really well, and when I go into daycare, I get to see her sitting in a Bumbo (chair) and they are now also putting her in an exersaucer (activity toy). We just might have to invest in one soon!

She has a doctor's appointment on Monday, so I'll probably add her weight and any new adventures we get to start with then.

Until then, thank you to everyone for their advice and showing interest in our little child all the time. We are so blessed to have friends like you!

3 comments:

Tressia/Mom/TMA said...

I love the times with her when she & I get the chance to talk & play. You just never want it to stop. Love my Brylee Girl!

Jenn said...

From Beth via Facebook:

For some reason, my baby keeps getting older, but I expect everyone else's to stay the same age. Is Brylee really that old? Holy cow... where has the time gone?

Jenn said...

From Yvonne Warren via Facebook:

My heart still breaks everyday when I drop him off at school and my baby was 2yrs this week:(

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...