Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New Adventures In Brylee-land



Look at this face! I love the ears in this picture. This was taken last Friday when I picked her up from daycare.

She has continued to sleep through the night, with the last feeding at around 10 and then we do not hear from her again until 6-ish when we start to stir. Also her fussiness in the evenings has died down.

She is happy most of the time now, except when hungry or when we put the Aquaphor on her head (her skin is looking great btw). Other than that it is all smiles, which makes life around our house so much more pleasant.



This past weekend, my parents found an exersaucer for sale and jumped right on it (not literally--it would not look like this now). This one will stay at their home, or perhaps travel, while I have a friend who is letting me borrow theirs, as soon as I find room in the apartment (tomorrow is the big Spring Cleaning day!)

She loved playing on this thing, and I can't wait to get her into one at the apartment so she can watch us and hopefully be entertained until bedtime!





Mom and dad also bought her a high chair so that she can start joining us at the kitchen table for meals. She's still a bit small, isn't she? She wasn't too fond of it either, but once she starts associating it with food, perhaps that will change. If you enlarge the picture, you will see her eyes shiny from tears. Maybe its being buckled in that she doesn't like...

Also on the feeding front, we have postponed the cereal for a week. She just did not seem ready for it yet. The Doctor told us to try it and if she did not take to it to rest and wait a week. We don't want to cause her to associate the cereal with forced torture.


She is wearing more hats lately too. She was wearing her mittens 24 hrs a day to keep her from scratching her head up, but we felt like this may inhibit her developing her hand and finger skills, so we lost the mittens during waking hours and now she dons a cap most of the time. And now, those fingers go straight into her mouth, including anything she might be holding at the time!

And last, but not least, when I walked her into daycare this morning, a new friend was starting her first day. The mom started out conversation by saying that she was told Brylee was a preemie. Her little girl, Audrey, was born at 33 weeks and just over 3 pounds. She is now 11 weeks old!

I told Brylee that preemies need to stick together, so be nice and watch over her. Brylee's no longer the smallest in the bunch! I don't know if I'm happy, or want to cry because she has grown so much! (I'll choose to be happy-- I love this happy, smiley Brylee!)

2 comments:

Carymc said...

I love those pics!

Jenn said...

From Peggy Fulbright via Facebook:

So Cute!!!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...