Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Catching Up Is Hard To Do...

Wow. So I am now 2 weeks behind, AND decided on a whim to start a Blog Of The Month Club. What on earth am I thinking???

Perhaps I need to find a way to get paid for this, make it a full-time job, AND stay at home with my little one. One can dream, can't they?
So, let's see. 2 Saturdays ago, which happened to be March 6, my parents, Cary, and I headed out to Ft. Worth for some fun in the sun at the Japenese Gardens. This would have been so much more fun if:

1) There were more trees blooming. There was 1. Yes, just one tree that made a beautiful appearance, flowers off of every branch.


2) If Brylee decided to be awake and content. She went around in her stroller, sleeping the entire time. What do I expect from a 3 1/2 month-old? Happy, awake behavior with no fussiness. We even took her out once so we could get pictures proving she was there with us, and not just a stroller. She was not a happy camper. You could hear her wailing all around the gardens. But once we put her back into her stroller, she was out again.


Of course, I really don't have high expectations, and hope that everyone knows that I don't expect all trees to be flowering and full of beautiful leaves this time of year. Or that I really expect my little one to be happy and excited (or awake) at this age. Just trying to give my blogging some spice (thanks cjane!), but sound like I'm complaining instead.

Back to writing....

I wish I could remember more about that weekend, but since time has flown by, I have lost it. But not the funny memory of Cary missing a turn and pulling into a Dairy Queen non-chalantly to see if we wanted a beverage so he could turn around. Too bad that particular Dairy Queen had a broken soda fountain and only had lemonade (which turned out to be water) and tea. But what a clever way to hide missed streets!

This last week was also fun of great memories and good times, starting with dinner with friends, shopping for birthday gifts, and then a concert.

Brad, Faith, and Helen drove in on Friday, where the adults left the young'uns with their grandfolk and went to Love And War In Texas, a restaurant in Grapevine. Tonight they were debuting their patio with a concert, starring one of Cary and Brad's favorite artists: Max Stalling.


2 other groups/artists performed before he did, so we made time to eat and then listen afterwards. The band that went on just before Max was named Black Top Gypsy, which had a member that is Max's wife. That happened to be in the restroom at the same time as I was! (that part is really irrelevant, but I know Cary and Brad would be disappointed if I did not include it).
I have not been the biggest fan of country growing up, but my appreciation has grown since being with Cary. So much so that I enjoyed Black Top Gypsy and Cary got me their cd. My 2nd country album ever!

The most fun was watching Cary and Brad act like little kids when they saw their favorite artist, and I was impressed with how normal Max is. He sat in the audience watching the other bands, as well as walked around and just chatted with concert-goers before his time to go on stage. Did not have the attitude of a celebrity at all. My respect for him is high witnessing this, and also seeing him with his family.


On Saturday morning, Cary and I woke up (slept in!) and went to his parents' house, where we celebrated his mother's birthday early. What a fun day, perfect for a fun woman.
The decorations were cowb0y-themed, because as a kid, Brenda wanted to be Annie Oakley. We had red bandana plates, napkins, and tablecloth, with a sheriff's badge and gun for the guest of honor.

I love when creativity flows through my brain. We didn't have a Happy Birthday banner to hang from the windows as we usually do, so I cut up some bandana napkins, Faith wrote 'Happy Birthday Oma' on them, we taped them together, and Cary hung them up. We might have to do that again sometime. It was clever, and fit in with the theme perfectly!



The party was fun, with a couple of games, delicious hamburgers, and yummy chocolate cake with white icing for dessert. Brenda even got a few great gifts! Because this birthday was early (10 days!), we told her that she gets to celebrate for that entire time. Hopefully we can keep up!



Saturday evening was more relaxing at my parents' house. Pizza and a few games, as well as watching Wall-E for Brylee, who fell asleep quickly. She ended up staying the night at her T-Ma's and B-Pa's. Lucky girl!

Sunday took us to Live Oak Church to visit our friends, the Kenney family. This is the first time that Brad and Teresa have seen little Brylee since she was in the hospital, freshly birthed, and the first time their kids (who I used to babysit) have seen her. I still can't get over how beautiful the Kenney kids are. And talented!


The rest of Sunday was spent running errands and relaxing. For a relaxing weekend, we sure were busy!

1 comment:

Tressia/Mom/TMA said...

What a wonderful picture of Brenda/OMA with her 2 beautiful granddaughters! Brenda you are 1 lucky grandmother!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...