Saturday, March 13, 2010

Blog Of The Month: Nie Nie- Revised

I know I have blogged about this person before, but this lady (and her entire family) continues to impact my life.

Nie Nie's blog is so whimsical, so beautiful in every way. She has raised her 4 beautiful children to be creative, happy, and loving. And strong.

In August 2008, Nie Nie and her husband were in a private airplane crash and survived, but their friend did not. Months and months of therapy, ongoing surgeries, and adjusting to life with pain as a normal way of life. But inspiring. Oh how her writings touch my heart!

How does her blog affect me?
Most know that I am afraid of flying, but I refuse to let my life not be full of adventures, so I will step on the plane. With prayers, and holding tight to my loved ones. And every single adventure has been great, and I've never regretted it.
I did not come upon her blog until I read on another blog that posted about it. When I read about updates from her family, I couldn't help but want to know more about this person that had stolen so many hearts. So I went all the way back and started at the beginning. There I found a mom who loved to talk about her vegan diet, raising her children to play in the rain, and the big celebrations she had with her large Mormon family.

I now enjoy reading her updates and see how she is doing her best to raise her kids as a regular mom, even though she faces challenges that so many don't have to face daily. What a strong woman!

And a beautiful one as well.

For next month, I am reading Nie Nie's sister, cjane.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...