Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Post With A Lot Of Links

Remember this post?




I have the list right here of everything I have 'in the works'. Let's see what I've accomplished so far...

New adventures in working
Silly names for baby objects
Something I'm passionate about (besides the big one, little one, and hairy one...)
An upcoming change in our family...
2008 catching-ups
And a very defining discovery! (can anyone remind me of what this one is?)

And now....for the moment you've all been waiting for (haven't you?):




Something I'm passionate about!


(cue fanfare music)



Socks!!!

Most of you already know this little tid-bit, but why keep it in the dark for everyone else?


I know. Wah, wah, waaaahh......big disappointment. I mean, who cares that I love socks? Well, because if you ever want to send me a cheap gift, then you know what would bring me the most happiness! (just kidding by the about the gift thing...kind of...)


As I am writing this post, I'm starting to think that 'passionate' is not the right word to use. Maybe 'somthing that I really, really, REALLY enjoy' would be better. To me, passionate deals with animal rescue, finding a cure for cancer , speaking about the Lord...things like that.

But socks! Oh how I enjoy those silly-looking things! How I receive them from friends and family, and suddenly the world is a happier place.


Of course, I'm referring to the socks that have some kind of decoration, be it animals, holidays, writing, polka-dots, or stripes. The plain ones bore me now, but I have several pair for walking or iceskating...perfect for their thickness!


I didn't wear silly socks until I was in college. I was inspired by a lady I worked with who wore them with no shame. I looked at her and wished I could do the same thing--wear goofy socks and not feel embarrassed by them. So I decided to give it a try.


For a while, I would wear them, but wouldn't show them off. Today, I wear them, and if they peak out from under my jeans, I don't care. I even love to show them off, sometimes when they don't match my shirt at all!

I do hope that Brylee takes after me with the enjoyment of simple pleasures such as socks. Currently, I have over 40 in my collection. And once one of each pair wear out, I keep the leftover one, just in case something unique can be done in the future (quilt anyone?)


Silly socks, I applaud you. Thank you for making every day just a little bit more fun!

5 comments:

BAE said...

Oh I love fun socks! I get sad when certain holidays come up and I don't have appropriate socks to wear. I couldn't find any St. Paddy's day socks anywhere! I was so upset! Now I have no Easter socks either. It's officially spring and I find myself still wearing snowmen... sigh.

Carymc said...

the whole sock thing is one of the reasons i love her.

Jenn said...

From Autumn via Facebook:

ooohhhh...love silly socks! As Brylee gets bigger, check out the dollar spot at Target. I get Chloe goofy socks from there as often as the season or styles change out! Can't beat $1 for cutsie socks!!

Jenn said...

via Facebook:

Oh! Target has socks for little ones! How exciting--I should start stocking up now! :o)

Jenn said...

From Yvonne Warren via Facebook:

That is my daughter!!! She resently feel in love with silly socks. She decared her hate for white socks and now will only wear silly socks. Sierra would agree the dollar spot at Target ROCKS!!!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...