Friday, March 5, 2010

A Weekend Of Olympic-Sized Proportions Part I

What a weekend! So much so, that I am just now getting to it 1 week later. I do hope it was enjoyable for Cary, as it was full of birthday celebrations and even a few surprises...well, one big one. And it was not a fun surprise.

The weekend started out on Friday afternoon, around 4:30 when I got off of work. Cary and I packed up the necessary items, including the dog, went to pick up Brylee, and drove to his parents' house, where we had dinner.

Mouth-watering dinner.

Steak, sweet potatoes, yams (did you know that there IS a difference? Not me), black-eyed peas, rolls....I'm hungry now just thinking about it. And don't forget the dessert--chocolate cake with Gary's special hard chocolate icing on top--delightful!

Poor Brad, Faith, and Helen were not able to join us because they were feeling under the weather, but we were able to make the most of it with the 5 of us. Don't worry--I had enough cake for all 3 of them. Thanks for sharing guys, and I hope you feel better!
We went home that night, full, satisfied, and hopefully Cary feeling spoiled.

The next morning, I woke up early and started breakfast for Cary--our home favorite: waffles. After that, we spent the morning relaxing and enjoying the peace. Lunch was Indian buffet--my request for stepping back into the exotic food life. I love the buffet at Our Place--they always have food that resembles fried onions and Chicken Tikka Masala....easily in my top favorites. And naan....oh how I have missed you old friend!!

After lunch, I got to do something rare these days: take a nap. And how it was so wonderful!!! It lasted about 2 hours, but of course, Cary heard me say a couple of times that it was not long enough!

After we woke up from the nap, we sent our little one to her Oma and Opa's, and then headed to my parents' house to celebrate Cary's birthday again. Dinner was at 7 Salsas, and while eating, I came up with a brilliant (yet very cheesy) idea to celebrate Cary's night: Olympic style.

So with a 'quick' stop at Party City for medals, we headed home for our events. What was originally going to be a game of Kerchunk (or Throw It And Duck) turned into several board games because the darkness still comes early. Yahtzee, Uno, and a new game, Left Center Right, was played to determine who's country would be the best of the best. And gifts for Cary, as well as cherry pie, mom's first (and delicious) attempt at making this culinary dessert!

The outcome?

McJennyia won the Bronze, a.k.a, a cowbell attached to gold beads
Freedonia (dad's country) walked away with the silver
And Untied States of Carydom and Chesterville tied for the gold.

Everyone seemed to have a great time, until I insisted on the picture at the end where we all stood on our appropriate platforms, displaying our proud medals, and having a picture taken. At least I didn't buy bouquets of flowers for them to wave to our imaginary, yet loyal, fans.

Tired, the president of Untied States of Carydom and the Prime Minister of McJennyia drove to our neutral territory and fell asleep in our very comfortable shared bed.

I am proud to say that no war had broken out due to conflicts during our Olympics. 3 out of 4 countries remain allies. The 4th is on its own.

**More pictures to be added soon, as well as Part II!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

From Brad via Facebook:

We missed you very much. we are all better now.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...