Thursday, August 18, 2011

Delayed 20 Months and On-Time 21 Months

It has been a while since I have done a monthly update post, but I'm trying to figure out exactly what is new versus what I have said before.

Let's see what we can find...

She is pretty fluent in the ABC's. She loves the alphabet song and loves to review them daily. She still misses a couple, like "U" and "X". But I'm sure she'll pick up on them quickly enough...

The same with numbers. She says 1-10, but misses 7.

And colors are coming along. We got her a puzzle that are fish tails of different colors, and she can easily match them to the rest of the fish, but sometimes still call everything 'blue'. She has surprised me though, bringing me a fish tail, telling me it was pink, and then walking away, only for me to look at the fish tail and see that it was pink!

Here's a picture of her doing a little sorting game:
Some funny notes:

Saturday I was baking cookies for church and she was my big helper (making a mess and me cleaning it up). At one point I told her that I was proud of how curious she is, and when I turned around and looked at her, she was looking inside my oven mitt. Couldn't have asked for better timing!

As of 8/7, she now sings the ABC's perfectly, as well as knows most of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.

And now for her 21 month update:
We have started her potty training today! I say this because I have been lazy about being consistent, but yesterday we got a care package of Pull-Ups from her T and Poppy, as well as Oma and Opa are stocked on them as well...so what better time to start?! We have her potty chair upstairs because the bathrooms are downstairs. So far it has been an adventure, but she is a great sport. I need to pick up some little 'rewards' for her so she can look forward to sitting on a quacking duck potty seat!

She has also started showing some tendencies to be pushy and not wanting to share, which we are trying to put an end to. The sooner the better. And I'm thankful for the kids and moms at playgroup because we are all the same, understanding that these little ones don't know any better, but at the same time, we don't want to see our kids behaving poorly. So cheers to the great moms we have met out here in Small Town Maine!

On Friday, she and I attended a birthday party for 3 little ones that were turning 2 all within a month of each other, and there were bubbles involved at the lake. Brylee loves bubbles and spent quite a bit of time running around trying to pop them. I was trying to get a picture of one of the little tots, and the sun didn't allow me to see what image I was catching. At the same time, I heard a very loud 'thud', and a little boy started crying. From what I could see he and Brylee bounced off of each other, and he was shocked and/or hurt and started crying while Brylee got up, found the nearest bubble and went on chasing it again. When I got home and looked at the pictures without blaring sun, this is what I found:

Anything else? Hmmm...I'm sure there are tons more, so just watch for updated information...

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...