Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dallas Vacation: Day 4: Wrapping Up The Fun

The last full days of visits are always the hardest for me. I want to take the opportunity and enjoy every waking moment with my family, but at moments I remember that it's the last day of this visit, and I get sad and bummed.

After a visit to church (the series was At The Movies: As Seen On TV!), Cary and I went back home and we got to spend more time with Amy, Spencer, Steven, and Granny while last touches were going on for Granny's car.

Our afternoon was very exciting. Snowcones at Bahama Bucks:









Popcorn from Lone Star Gourmet Popcorn (yes I have an addiction). And a trip to Michael's for some arts and crafts.









And finally, Brylee got to help make her stepping stone for her grandparents!
























The previous night, Amy set a task for all of the family members: to make little tiles so that they could be made into a cross. She wanted to make 9 crosses, one for each family, so that meant everyone had to make at least 9 tiles. And that meant 27 for our family (Cary, Brylee, and myself). But to tell you the truth, I think I made 25 just because. I really enjoyed playing with the clay and making these tiles. Brylee even got into it a little bit. I ended up trying to make tiles with a personal touch, while Cary's was artsy, and mom had a cool pattern to her tiles that really seemed to represent her. And I am so excited to see the finished results!

This tile was started as a hot dog that Amy created for Cary, because, well, he likes hot dogs. And he added his own touches to it!












Mom's tiles (I love how they are 3 things that represent her, just slightly different each time):









My tiles, which have a lot of little things that represent me:









Like I said, I was really into this creative task, so I made 9 additional tiles with the Jarvis name and year:









Brylee's tiles:









Random thing that was created with the 'left over':









Cary's modern look:









And the few that dad had finished by Sunday evening. So fun!





















Monday morning was a sad day for me...of course. The long weekend was too short for me and I can't wait until our next visit, hopefully longer.

The hardest part about this trip (besides the length) was the fact that Brylee clung to her grandparents so tightly the entire time. Not that this is really bad, but because it was as if she was trying to keep from leaving them again. I thought the airport separation between her and Poppy was going to be worse than it was, but I was relieved that it wasn't terrible. But you could see it in her eyes the sadness of the separation.












I arrived to the house to find these beauties, which, sadly I had to leave behind:









Mom came home that evening to change our bedsheets and find these in ours and Brylee's bed. I hope she liked them. (Funny thing is dad laid on the bed just before we left and found them, getting a good laugh out of our sneakiness).




1 comment:

WhitKnee said...

I love the clay artpieces yall made. Those are too cool! And the hotdog looks just like Cary =)

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...