Monday, August 29, 2011

How The McFaddens Faired In The Hurricane

So Sunday came and went with a lot of rain and wind, but nothing terrible. We have trees all around our house, so I was glad to see that none (well one small one) went down. My in-laws are without power at their house about 20 minutes away, but other than that, we survived with taking videos and oohhing and aahhing at the sights.

I read this on CNN tonight. My in-laws were taking a mini vacation in Woodstock, 'just outside' Quechee. They decided to come home on Saturday instead of Sunday. I'm glad they did come home because I don't think any of us understood the magnitude of how hard Vermont was hit.

Brylee and I took a walk this morning through the town's Main Street to see if there was any significant damage anywhere.

This is what we found:

Our patio with a couple of twigs and leaves tossed onto it:









The most damage I saw:









But the river was beautiful:









The sky was blue:









As well as her eyes:












Heading home, we walked through a little park and since she is just so sweet, I had to let her play. There was this:









This:












And lots of this:












Thank you, Lord, for your protection!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...