Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Weekend To Blog About

Last Friday (read, 1 week ago sadly...) Cary and I decided to go to a putt putt range!

All over Maine you'll find putt putt of some kind, but for this trip we went to New Hampshire to Pirate's Cove, and I was not disappointed in this! Dallas, check out their website and see how you can make more of your putt putts this great!

It was incredibly clean, well maintained, and they even had bottles of water set up midway through the course for you to grab if you needed some refreshment. But my favorite part was the awesome decor set up all through the course!




(are we being watched?)


There was a water cannon set up that you could go and push a button and shoot out water...of course Cary couldn't stay away. I tried taking the picture with mid-water action, but no luck this time...
Next to every hole, there were these plaques with tidbits of Pirate information. The first course we went on, Captain Blackbeard, had all of the information about him. The second course, Captain Kidd had more pirates included in their information, mostly because Kidd's pirating (and actual) life were short lived.
This was a cool hole--where I got my 1st Hole In One for the day!

When it came to having water hazards that came with the hole, I had no luck. Every time I heard a 'plunk' and Cary had to go retrieve it (but only because I would have joined that ball in the water if he didn't step forward)
This was my favorite hole: you had to hit the ball just right to make it jump over the water hazard (but there was also a sign to keep the ball from going air-born). And of course, both of us went into the water...but since there was no one behind us, we gave it another try, both succeeding.
My cousin has a thing about hammocks, so I had to post this picture on Facebook stating that I found him laying around...apparently 30 years later and with a peg leg...

This putt putt course is easily my favorite, but look forward to checking out more around us. After playing both courses, I got 3 Hole In Ones (a huge accomplishment for me) and Cary 1. Because of the water hazards, though, I had an ultimate score of 106, and Cary, 105. He beat me by 1 point!!!!!!!!!

Saturday morning, there was a quick last minute trip back to New Hampshire to fix a geocache issue from the night before. While there, we visited our favorite bakery and then Cary took a drive around. We nearly stopped at a Pow Wow, but due to lack of time, we figured we could try it again another time. We did stop, however, at Cathedral Ledge, where we saw some beautiful scenery and managed to snag a cache as well.

Sunday was a great day to go to Portland, since I had a mission for a couple of things at Target. We also stopped to eat at Jimmy The Greeks, and where the waitress gave a suggestion of a nearby beach.

It was an incredibly cloudy and cool that day, but that didn't stop us (or other beach goers) from checking out the waves and showing Brylee a little taste of sand castle building. She was not too happy every time the waves came up to her feet though. The poor thing couldn't move fast enough to get away, but even though the water barely covered her feet, she got mad and cried...until the waves retreated.






On the way home, we stopped at a gift shop where we walked around and enjoyed some interesting souvenirs and then made the trek home to get ready for the next day.

I think this is definitely my favorite weekend so far in this new town, mostly because Cary didn't have to work, and the weather was glorious to enjoy outside the whole time.

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...