Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dallas Vacation: Day 1

This is what we woke up to:









She loved to play her guitar and then stop and have everyone clap at her. I didn't join in because it was early morning, and I'm not a morning person. But she looked at me and directed her clap to me as if she were saying, "Clap at me mommy!"

Breakfast at Chick-fil-A:





















And then we drove to Sulphur Springs to spend the day with Cary's brother and his family. Somehow, in all of this mess, I cannot find pictures of Brylee with her Aunt Faith. :o(









However, we had a major breakthrough in the Uncle Brad department. Midway through the day, they were best buds, laughing and giggling (and in Brylee's case, screeching).









A little geocaching:












A visit to Mema's, where there was more laughing and screeching:




































Brylee wasn't the most comfortable around Mema, but we managed to get this quick picture:









And then off to visit the Dairy Museum, where Brylee was out cold...even through our ice cream treat...


















We left Sulphur Springs around 4:30 to drive home to have time to visit with my Aunt Deb and through a lot of change of plans, Brylee ended up getting some time running through a sprinkler in the warm Texas evening (I would say hot, but after the 90+ degrees in Maine without a/c in most buildings, this was actually nice...well, for the evening)



















What a busy fun day! It was great to see Brad, Faith, Helen, Mema, and Deb. 5 blessings to count in my life!

1 comment:

Brad McFadden said...

It was a great day. I had fun making Brylee laugh FINALLY! And becoming her favorite uncle. :)

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...