Thursday, August 25, 2011

She's Just So Stinkin' Cute

That's the phrase I have used describing Brylee the past 2 weeks. And so much going on for this little cutie that I figured I'll make notes:

She says 'no' so much that I have tried redirecting her. When she says this newly 'dirty' word, we ask her to say, 'yes', 'maybe', 'sometimes', 'probably', and my favorite, 'okie-dokie', which she says as 'dokie'.

She loves to say bye bye, and will even address the person. a.k.a., "bye-bye daddy". This morning she added for him to 'be safe', which is my typical departing words for him.

We changed her bed from the crib to the toddler bed with railing. It is only a matter of time for her to climb over the bed, but with hardwood floors and concrete just below it, we were nervous about her landing wrong, even with blankets layered underneath. I thought some sleepless nights were coming our way, so I closed her noisy toys in her closet at night, and Brylee has done great! She crawls into bed whenever she is tired, and most of the time not hear a peep until the morning, when she goes to the baby gate at the door and says, 'mommy!' or 'where mommy go?'

She has only earned 2 stickers in the potty training ordeal, but she is still young, and just seeing her sit on the potty for any length of time is good. If she ever catches on how cool stickers are, we might use them to entice her to eat her veggies, too!

She sings Twinkle Little Star and the ABC's like a pro...well, a baby pro at least. She loves belting out a tune, and even better if there are drums, piano, guitar, or harmonica at her disposal. She also knows her ABC's in ASL. She can count to 10, sometimes a little higher, and can even count backwards. Her colors are coming along, this morning with her surprising me with her memory!

Her new favorite activity is to feed Chester. Despite the kibbles being all over the place, Chester is now well fed, even though he might not understand that this came from his newest 'best friend'.

Words of a friend here in Small Town: 'she's becoming a brute'. At playgroup this week, she did her best to take a way a toy walker from a little one that was just learning how to walk. It was an interesting scene as I tried to step in, pry the walker out of her hands and redirect her (which another mommy did great at doing). And she likes to play 'queen of the top of the slide', by sitting there as long as possible and not letting anyone else have a turn. And while I do not think this is any part of the 'stinkin' cute side of her, she and I are working on her learning how to share and be gentle with other playmates. I know it is part of her learning and growing phase, and while I do not want her stepped all over in the future when it comes to toys, I most certainly do not want her to be the bully kid at school (or anywhere for that matter).

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...