Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dallas Vacation: Day 2: The Whale Rider

Friday morning began a 3 day weekend for mom, and was quite busy for everyone except Poppy, who got to have a relaxing day at work...but we shared the best part of the day with him!

The morning started out with some window decorating:




































Kazoo playing:












Dad met us for a last minute lunch at Logan's (after my grandparents had to cancel due to not feeling well--we missed you Granny and Grandpa!)
And then Cary, Mom, Brylee and I headed off to the mall for some shopping! (I will spare you the pictures on this one, but trust me, there was a lot of purchasing...)

After the big shopping spree, we went home where Brylee and her T relaxed for a bit while Cary and I ran to Grapevine Mills with the mission to find some cool shoes for Cary. It was a big challenge, too, to fin what he would like and what would fit with his wardrobe. But we finally got something good, and then back to my parents' house (with more purchased for me as well--yay!).

The evening fun? Going to the city pool and cooling off (and soaking my now blistered tootsies!).
Brylee was very scared of the water at first, trying to leave the water as fast as she could, and then clung to her Poppy. After a few minutes of playing with the fountains, we ventured over to the 1/2 foot kiddie pool where T and Poppy walked her in circles and swung her over the fountains. They did this for about 45 minutes, her excited and screeching happily each time. Eventually they even made it to the center to play with the whale!














































































































































Towards the end of the evening (and the close of the water park), T and Poppy took her over to the water slide, where she went down...over and over again. She did great and was very comfortable with the water when the whistles blew for the final time that evening.





















After a busy fun time at the water park, it was time to head to dinner at Firehouse Subs!




























And now they tiny tot is juggling her way to stay out of bed...while Cary and I run out to meet Uncle Bill to see Harry Potter 7.2 in 3D!












*While waiting for the movie to start, Bill got a bag of popcorn, which was about 1/2 full with salt. He offered us bites of it, to which Cary responded: If I wanted some, I would have bought some. It became the 'running joke' for the entire night. Boys.

**While walking back to the car at midnight, Cary and I saw a jeep that needed jumper cables. I thought mom might have some in her car, so we went to retrieve them, but found nothing. However, I called Bill to see if he had some, but he said that he was getting pulled over by the police at that moment. Wanting to get him off the phone immediately, I forgot to tell him that they cables were not for us. As we left the mall, we saw him chatting with the cop. A couple of minutes later, he called back, to where I told him the cables were not for us. Apparently, he convinced the police officer to go back to help 'us', but when they got there, they did not see the jeep, and were able to leave and Bill go home.

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...