Tuesday, October 25, 2011

McFadden Fall Dallas Vacation: Part 5

Sunday was designated as the day to spend with Uncle Brad (UB), Aunt Faith (Uffie), and Cousin Helen (Goofy?)
Showing off her cute new outfit:

She had fallen asleep during the drive to Garland to meet them, so you can see the look on her face asking what had happened...She kept looking at Helen and saying 'hi', but when she saw her uncle, she would scoot as close to me as humanly possible and refused to look at him.


After a really yummy brunch, we went to Firewheel, where we found a choo-choo for Brylee to ride on.  Helen was a good sport and rode with her.



This Sonic drink was an experiment for me that I still pucker up when I think of it:  a Cherry Limeade Slushie.  I love cherry limeades and grape slushies...but this limeade made into a slushie was too much for me...oh but I still love you Sonic!


I am still sad knowing that I didn't get a lot of time with Brad, Faith, and Helen, but I know that the time I did get with them was special and Brylee had a great time.  She warmed up to her Aunt Faith quickly, and not long after that, she was best friends with Brad...possibly because he fed her ice cream...

Another note to add to this:  while walking around Firewheel, we found a popcorn store where I treated Helen and Faith to some gourmet flavors (Faith got white chocolate and Helen got Dr. Pepper...which felt like it really fizzed in the mouth!), and I of course got my popcorn fixation...fixed...for a short time!

So glad that we got to spend some time with them! (and I miss you guys!)



No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...