Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm At Work...

Because I need a vacation after this weekend!

This weekend filled up quickly due to birthdays, Mother's Da, and more birthdays. Friday evening, Cary and I went to dinner with mom and dad and the Christenson family to celebrate mom's birthday. Before we went, mom got to open up her gifts--Wii galore! Cary and I found a couple of additional games for the family to enjoy, but a big part of the Wii was for the fitness programs that she can use.

So after a very filling lunch, mom, dad, Cary and I went back to the house and opened up the packages and played a few games of bowling and Mario Cart. It was my first go at the Wii, and it was pretty fun!

Saturday morning was used to sleep in and relax. Cary and I went to his job to do about 10 minutes worth of work in the morning, and then I got to settle in for a nap! I could say this pregnancy is an excuse for me to take naps, but who am I fooling--I LOVE TO TAKE NAPS!!!

Saturday evening Brad, Faith, and Helen joined us as we went to church and then to dinner. The original purpose of the night was for us to go Swing dancing--which quickly changed after we ate dinner at Red Robin and saw that the dancing started at 9:00 p.m.--too late for some of us!!!

So instead we caught the 9:50 showing of Star Trek. I was a Trekkie growing up, attending 2 conventions (with Leonard Nimoy and then Michael Dorn--Worf of TNG). Before the previews started (which included Terminator, GI Joe, and Transformers 2), a group of Trekkies came out and had a trivia game consisting of 3 questions with 3 prizes. I didn't really know any, but it was fun just trying to try to see if I knew any...
This movie is INCREDIBLE!!! The actors did a great job portraying the legends before them, and the special effects were (pardon the pun) Out of This World! Even the aliens look like aliens, not overly-made up humans...I'm ready to see it again! And with seeing a couple of my old friends from a Home Team, it was a great night!
On Sunday, the McFaddens celebrated Gary and Helen's birthday, and Mother's Day for Brenda and Faith. Lunch was roast and leftover meatloaf, carrots and potatoes, veggies, beans, and rolls. Topped off with chocolate cake for the chocolate lovers (which we all are) and tons of gifts (Nintendo DS games for Helen, Clock radio for Brenda, and Croquet set for Gary just to name a few), and now I am exhausted!!!

Afterwards, Cary and I popped by to give my parents a copy of the sonogram of their little 'peanut' for their own, and it ended up with dinner at Landmark.

We got home about 7:00 and were in bed asleep by 9:00 last night. I am so ready for bed again tonight!

4 comments:

Autumn said...

What a great weekend!! And I love the first photo of your little 'peanut'!!! I am glad to hear you are still feeling well!

The Guess Family said...

There is no sleep like the naps of the first trimester...they are good stuff. When we were moving to our house in The Woodlands, I was about 11 weeks pregnant with Addison. Mom and Tommy did all the work, while I napped ON THE FLOOR of what would later be her room. No pillows, no blankets, just me and the floor!

Cary said...

Is it ok if I take sympathy naps?

Amy Sipe said...

Agreed - the new Star Trek movie was AWESOME!!! Glad to see you're feeling well. I love naps too! ;)

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...